Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Majic Stick 3 and idle.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TSP Majic Stick 3 and idle.

I have been working with my tuner on driving manners of this cam. I must say I am so pleased with the way he has it acting. It drives just as good as it did with the factory cam now. At first I was thinking I had too much cam for the street, but now I am very pleased with it. We still have to fine tune the cold starting on it, but man when its warmed up its perfect. Still rumbles, but drives with no problem. A/C on or off, in drive or in park. No problem. While I was out test driving it I came across a TA the I have tangle with before. He use to give me a good run, but today he simpley got the **** stumped out of him. It ran as if I shot my 150 shot on top of the old cam. I can not wait to start the WOT tunning, tune it for my 150 shot, take it to TSP next week and see what numbers it puts down. I can tell I am going to have to get some real slicks and a real rear end with this thing. I freaking love it!

I can not wait to finish the 408 if this little 346 runs like this!!!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does it idle on hot start? Say you shut it off long enough to pump gas or talk to the speaker at a drive through and then start it right back up? Mine likes to hunt a little in that situation. I end up starting it and giving it a little bit of gas while in neutral then I put it in gear and accelerate a tiny bit. When I stop again it settles. I LOVE the way it sounds with dumped duals while idling in gear next to a wall.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

We hot started it several time by just reaching threw the window while we fine tuned the idle. I does start up and idle about 100 rpms lower for about 3 to 5 seconds and then comes right up to programmed rpm. Thats with the A/C on. With it off it just starts up. I am sure with a little more fine tuning it will start up with a strong roar like it did before. But the hot starts were tested by just reaching in throw the window and starting it up. No problems there.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome to hear that the MS3 is workin out for ya!! The 113LSA thats ground into the cam helps with the idle/startup quality alot but still pounds the ground enough to make some grown men cry

Get that thing up here and on the dyno so we can see what kind of numbers it puts down on nitrous!!

-Zach
Old 05-15-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I let it sit all night in the garage. Its been down for a good 12 hours now. I went out to the garage, made sure the A/C was still on max, stuck ,my hand throw the window, hit the starter, and she woke up with a loud roar! If she hunted it might have been 20 rpm. I hoped in her without letting her get warmed up. Left the A/C on and backed out of the garage. A very little hunt while backing. Went for a test drive around the block while she was still cold. Several hard throttles and hard complete stops still with the A/C on max. No stumbling or falling out was noted. I had the car back in the garage with the temp still under 120. Yeh, I think I have the stumbling worked out of it. It has not run long enough for it to learn anything yet so I will report back in a couple of days and let you know if it screws itself up, but I realy do not think it will do that.

Zach, I will be there some time next week. I was hoping to make it on Thursday, but I have to schedule time off from work after I set my apointment time with ya'll. But it will be sometime before Friday. Hey Zach, is there a place to pick up some very good 17" Drag tires there? I have no idea which ones to get for this thing but it really needs it now.