Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 205 Heads + stroker , possible ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR 205 Heads + stroker , possible ?

Can i add a stroker to my current AFR 205 Heads and 224/228 114 cam ?
I know that they recommend AFR 225 Heads for stroker cause they flow better with big cube engines , i cant afford to buy new heads .
Old 05-20-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always try and sell the AFR 205's and current cam to help fund the 225's and a stroker cam. If that still won't net you enough money then this setup will work OK with a stroker.

The most effective use of your money may be to pass on the stroker and buy a nitrous kit for use with your current heads/cam setup.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A stroker is gonna cost a good amound of cash.
If your looking for some additional power try a 90mm intake/TB setup.
You can defentially use your current heads and cam with a stroker but it wouldn't be the BEST.
Effective, yes, the best, NO.
I would bet a simple cam swap would work real well though.
Maybe something tame like a 234/238 in a stroker.
Would give you some added power and still drive great with the extra cube's.

Last edited by JZ'sTA; 05-20-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just an FYI, Andy over at A&A Corvette just did a 402 stroker with 205's and the exact same cam. I believe the CR was nothing to write home about either. His customer just wanted a killer, well behaved street engine and he got just that. The engine produced 470 HP and 480 ft/lbs to the tire (in a C5 of course), and idled like a pussycat. Definately a wolf in sheeps clothing and still an effective overall package....Also, note that it was making over 400 ft/lbs for what seemed like an eternity on the dyno gragh....the TQ curve looked like a shelf.

Is this the ultimate drag set-up?....of course not, but it would still be a very effective combination in a drag, road race, or street machine and you can drive home with perfect stock like driving manners after the event.

Perhaps Andy could chime in on some of the details....Its a car he just finished recently.

Good luck if you take the plunge....You might just consider a little more cam to help feed the bigger motor...someone will certainly buy your cam and for a few dollars out of pocket you could bolt on 25-35 more HP and a little more of a menacing idle at the same time.

Tony M.