Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wut to do??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wut to do??

what should i do to my trans am for modification? just tryin to get some suggestions...
Old 05-20-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Long Tube Headers, Cam (with tune), & Cutout. Good for around 80 hp! These engines already have wonderful heads, so all you have to do is let them breathe and they'll make gobs of power.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Launching!

If your an auto then you NEED to get a higher stall torque converter!
Old 05-21-2005, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Long Tubes and True duals. That should wake her up!
Old 05-21-2005, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rice-eatin TA
what should i do to my trans am for modification? just tryin to get some suggestions...

This is now the most useless apparently legit question I have ever seen on tech.

When asking a question:
Tell us exactly what your car has, what you want to do with it, what you can/can't tolerate.

Search. Search. Read stickies, read links in JRP's sig.

Oh yeah, to answer your question. Call thunder racing and order a T-rex cam package. You'll love it.

Edit: Sorry that is a little harsh, but your question is unanswerable. Post up better info.

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 05-21-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

what year is the car?? def. do full exhaust, if an auto, stall and maybe a cam if u want. if u dont have an ls6 intake then i would do that and whatever else you want. if its an m6 then consider gears, will def wake up the car, but also make your chances of destroying your rear end higher, and a cam. also if your goin to plan on putting down some power then consider SFC's and maybe some other assorted suspension. good luck with modding your money pit
Old 05-21-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

M6 or A4? Mods? Goals? Power vs. Drivability? Emissions testing?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Definetly do your full exhaust setup! Long tubes with whatever combination exhaust u like, either being ORY or X w/ TD's. Like CATCH ME said, LS6 intake, w/ optional but recommended ports on your TB and MAF. Also ditch the stock air intake, going with any lid, they are pretty much the same ranging from 100-200 dollars. That should do u just right starting out.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:45 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt

This is now the most useless apparently legit question I have ever seen on tech.
And this is the most rude, apparently legit, welcome to the board post!

rice-eatin TA... ignore the rude response and let me say congratulations on your choice of car. To give you a little bit of info and send you in the right direction, let me first say that when you ask such a question, you really should give as much detail of your car / situation as possible. vehicle type, amount of funds, end goals; all should be included for us to help you as much as possible. here is my advice.
Be realistic with your goals. we all want an 8 second car but is it really attainable for you? i would first determine what your immediate AND long term goals are. try not to have them overlap and conflict with upgrades. ie... buying 5.3 heads if you plan on later going with a stroker motor.

With your goals set, ignore the sections of the board that don't apply. focus on the group that can help you the best. For myself, i wanted a 9 second car. I ignored the 12 and 11 second club and read alot in the 10 and 9 area. That is the real key. we can get advice when it is really needed and we are lost, but nothing beats research. Read, read, and read some more. Find a mentor on the site that started off like you. go back and read all of his posts by clicking on his name. see what he has asked. learn from his mistakes. I am not saying to build a clone, but you will get the feel of things.

Like blkZ28spt mentioned... read JRP's stickies. there is a lot of good information in there that will get you started. once you get the understanding of things, then ask openly what you are wondering. I personally don't post very often, but i do regular followups on certain individuals on the board.

anyhow, enough rambling. welcome to the site. it truley is the best LS1 site on the net. We have some incredible sponsors that are very knowledgable if you prefer to talk to someone versus reading. If it wasn't for them, we wouldnt have this site. PM me is you have any questions.

WOT