Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAM QUESTION for my 02 SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CAM QUESTION for my 02 SS

I have heard a lot about cams...I have a 95% stock 02 camaro ss . what is a great cam for this car and how much am I looking at for install and purchase??? what are the gains (besides the nice sound) of a cam in these cars....i plan on buying an sts turbo in december as well so keep that in mind
THANKS
BBB
Old 05-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Launching!

i see you live in florida, where at?
ANTIVENOM here in florida is a great shop, and can do what you need for any application.generally for a cam install all you need is the cam and valve springs if you want to go cheap, but getting it done right, especially if you plan on running a turbo YOU SHOULD BUY valvesprings,locks,retainers,pushrods,timing-chain,ls6-ported oil pump,and all new GM gaskits.at ANTIVENOM there is a cam called called the elimnator 3, which put over 400 hp to the rear wheels.if you are going to run a blower setup, you might want a diffrent cam, it depends on you specific application, but generally if you run a FI cam in a N/A car your gains will be minimal, so let me konw...
Old 05-21-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i would do a search on turbo cams.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a LOT of research and learning to do if you want to install a cam on your 95% stock car and then get an STS turbo in december.
Usually you want to get the supporting mods before getting a cam. When you get a cam do pushrods and valvesprings at the same time.

Depending on your situation, I'd recommend you save the money for upgrading weak links when the turbo goes on. Even stock power takes it's toll on a lot of components, let alone when you start modding.

Edit: Oh yeah,

This is external, it should be in internal.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

Anti-venom is great Greg there is a good guy. A z06 cam is a good cam.