Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Quickies

Old 06-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Quickies

alright, well i've tried some search's and i've been looking around for the past couple weeks, and i've heard people say good things about the thunder racing 224 apparently has good power across the power band, and is very streetable, so i was wondering what all do you have to have for a cam swap, springs, rockers? some stall? oil pump? some chain? are those all neccesary, and i hear alot of people suggest long tubes for maximum responce, is it not even worth getting the cam if you have say, mid length tubes?

sorry if this is hard to read, i kind of started rambling, well thanks for the replys
Old 06-02-2005, 08:57 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/327734-cam-guide.html
Old 06-02-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RookieBeotch
alright, well i've tried some search's and i've been looking around for the past couple weeks, and i've heard people say good things about the thunder racing 224 apparently has good power across the power band, and is very streetable, so i was wondering what all do you have to have for a cam swap, springs, rockers? some stall? oil pump? some chain? are those all neccesary, and i hear alot of people suggest long tubes for maximum responce, is it not even worth getting the cam if you have say, mid length tubes?

sorry if this is hard to read, i kind of started rambling, well thanks for the replys

also a good link: http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23
Old 06-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you, i realize you guys probably get sick of handing out links i could have found myself, so i appreciate it

Search this Thread