Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pick a cam rate my combo newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick a cam rate my combo newbie.

First off thanks to all that post I have learned a lot about my car just lurking here in the forums.
I think I have come up with a pretty good combo and I would like your advice and opinions on my setup.
First a little about my car. It’s a 2002 z28 convertible M6,3.42 rear, bone stock with 21k miles.
So for my purchases have been ported ls6 heads( staqe 1.5 by Pro Flo ),TTS headers, Bassani ORY pipe, NOS 5177 dry kit. My question what cam would you run I am thinking about the F-14 cam. What would you suggest? Also what cat back or would you go TD? Any other mods you would do to reach my 450hp goal? Thank you in advance for you input and I look forward to responses but be kind this is my first fuel injected build.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the F13 or F14 they are both badass cam's and I know second hand. I have the F13 and I love it. Too get to your goal I would go with ether cam and a ported TB and my choice of exhaust would be GMMG. Oh yea and some SVO 30LB injectors. But good luck and I hope you get to your goal bro because I am on the same path.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

450 will be a piece of cake with the ported LS6 heads and nitrous. If you're talking N/A then that is a different story. You should have no problem hitting 450 with ported LS6 heads, that F14, ORY, long tubes, LS6 intake, ported TB, and lid with the right tuning.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with duals, and if you don't want it to be too loud or drone too much go with a "quieter" muffler than the standard dynomax bullets. You should be pretty close to 450 rwhp with a cam and tune. As for the cam, I really like the looks of the F14.
Do you have the basics such as lid, cai, ported throttle body, subframe connectors? Do you have any fuel system mods for the nitrous? Spraying a heads/cam car on a stock bottom end is pushing it. You should look into some forged internals to be safe, even if it's just pistons/rings and rod bolts.