Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best heads for G5X2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best heads for G5X2?

Hey everyone. I'm installing a G5X2 on a 114 in my car very soon. I've been wanting one of these cams for a long time and am finally picking one up. I have all the bolt-ons right now, A4, stock heads. I will run cam-only for a while but plan to eventually get some heads for my car. My question is: what will be the best? I want something that will add some good #'s throughout the curve, and also work fairly well when I start spraying. Would 5.3's be good?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to give the cam card specs to your head vendor of choice to identify what head will work best for your "combination". A good porter can build a set of heads to work well w/your cam.

Back in the "olden" days, you'd match the CAM to the HEADS.... not the other way around like I see everyone doing these days. It's ALL about "matching" your parts to work together for maximum efficiancy.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LowETz
You need to give the cam card specs to your head vendor of choice to identify what head will work best for your "combination". A good porter can build a set of heads to work well w/your cam.

Back in the "olden" days, you'd match the CAM to the HEADS.... not the other way around like I see everyone doing these days. It's ALL about "matching" your parts to work together for maximum efficiancy.
I was thinking of matching the cam, but I want to go cam-only for a while and I've wanted a G5X2 since I first bought my LS1.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Have you ever thought about a set of heads from LG to go with the cam. The results from the LG AFR's are their cams look pretty good.