Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard knocking from engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard knocking from engine

Hey guys, I am not on here very often, only because when I think of what I wish for my car, I just don't have the capability to do those things. Anyhow, here's my dilemma:

I have an 02 Z28, with about 73,500 miles on it. I don't get to race it all that much anymore, for I live in a very populated college town, with a bunch of slow losers and senior citizens. I changed my oil in my car at about, oh, 69,500 with the new mobil one endurance oil, that's supposed to last for up to 15,000 miles. Granted, I would be out of my mind to run it that long, but I just want to know if this is the problem. When I start up my car, and even while I drive it, my car is abnormally loud, and the sound I hear from the engine is a very hard knocking. I know that the heads are supposedly "self-cleaning" or somesuch, but this is bad, I know it is. I have and a lid and a cutout, and apparently it sounds like I have a small cam in my car. Could it be the heads, the cats, or maybe I should just go back to the original mobil one oil?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

FZ
Old 06-27-2005, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how loud is the knocking, is it while it idle's? It could be a spun bearing, crank or rods, i just rebuilt a 98z for the that reason, it had a spun rod bearing and was knocking, it almost sounded like a rod slaping against the cyclinder wall, but luckly it was just a bearing. Where do you live at? I can fix it if you cant figure out what it is.