Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help fast.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help fast.

Ok Readers Digest version.. New motor almost 3k miles. Runs great Park it one night next day oil leak???? Well Look at valve covers..No leak look around and oil is all over front of motor and on Engine Covers etc... So I pull Intake manifold off and sure enough Puddle of oil under manifold on top off valley cover, but car still runs strong and doesnt seem to have an power issues or anything. So I pull valley cover and one of the seal for the knock sensors is broken could this be where all the oil is coming from? There is oil on inside of intake manifold and intake ports on heads as well? Any one have this happen before any ideas??
Old 06-28-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you found the problem to me. Not sure if there is a seal + sensor, or if it is built into the sensor itself, but you should get it replaced. Was it coming out all around the manifold? Leaking anywhere else?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

I know there is a bunch of oil and its making a mess. I just can't see all that oil coming from that one place. Im hoping its not coming from a cylinder. It would seem to me though that the car would run different and the car would be constantly smoking from the tail pipes which it is not.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get the seal by itself. The lower seal (the one that goes around the knock sensors) is PN 12558177, THe upper seal isn't sold by itelf but both come withthe knock sensor wire that is PN 15372170. These part numbers are the same for the LS1 & LS6 Valley cover area. I've heard that you should seal the upper seal/covers with permatex. I did, but Im not running yet.

D
Old 06-28-2005, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Does anyone know if it possible for that much oil to come out from there though??
Old 06-28-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackbelt
Does anyone know if it possible for that much oil to come out from there though??
very possible, what is not very possible is for that much oil to come from a cilinder unless half the piston was blown off but then u would notice the performance difference.