Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Almost Stall

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Almost Stall

I rarely get on my car that much, but every now and then I'll wind out first and bang second. It seems that every time I do that my car wants to die at the next light. It doesn't but the rpms drop down to 300 or 400 and slowly recovers to normal. It feels like the car is going to stall, but it doesn't. The car runs perfect otherwise (with the exception of the piston slap at startup ) Now I have two theories on why this happens, and if someone can tell me if I've got the right idea, that would be cool.

Theory one: My car has LTs and y-pipe with mini cats. Whenever I bang second gear, the y-pipe slams the bottom of the car. Could this be triggering the knock sensor and pulling timing back so far that the car is stalling???

Theory two: I live in Florida so the AC is always on. I think that when ever the car is under full throttle it is supposed to shut the AC off. Could this somehow be causing the near stall problem?

My theories are probably crap, but they are the only things I can think of, I guess the IAC could be sticking, but wouldn't that cause problems all the time? By the way the car is a 01 Hawk M6. Thanks all.