Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt noise, Overheating, then Noise from Within! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt noise, Overheating, then Noise from Within! Help!

Ok I've been meaning to get my belts changed for a month now because they were squeeling on cold starts for at leat 10 min. Then The other night I drove about 15 Miles to my work. When I got back home I noticed some steam coming out of the hood So I pop the hood... Water and I think Antifreeze everywhere. So I check fluids and Oil is low and no coolant left. (cause its all over the engine) So I put water in for radiator and Put a Q of Mobile One in. Start it up and Squeeling is still there but now There is a knocking that sounds like its comming from right where the TB meets the Intake Manifold.... It does not sound nice.........

Any thoughts??????What do you think needs to be replaced?????
Old 07-08-2005, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

sounds like the rods are done for to me? i could be wrong but the overheating and low oil could of cause it
Old 07-08-2005, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

If the belts have been squealing then I'm willing to bet that your water pump was leaking and you just didnt know it. And the sound you are hearing from the front of the engine could be the water pump if it has taken a ****..
Old 07-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Default Replaced water pump!

Ok you were right I replaced Water pump(other one died) and also the hoses and Belt. I is running better but I still here the belt squeeking. I think its the bottom belt. Im gonna go get the Oil changed maybee that will help also.