Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

re-occuring Lifter Ownage

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re-occuring Lifter Ownage

So right around march i had replaced a broken lifter in my 98z, I took the liberty of swapping the cam as well. Everything was fine and dandy up until 2 weeks ago when i developed a ticking sound, when i had taken the valve cover off my passenger side, it JUST so happens that the rocker arm was wasted and after replacing that it is affirmative that the lifter has bit the bullet AGAIN... same location as last time. the car has just over 40k on it i have never hit the limiter , but i do my fair share of whooping on it. So i assume that the lifter is not getting oiled properly, i have consistent oil pressure. The only thing i can think of is a spun bearing ? anyone else have this problem? or know how much it costs to have something like this repaired? I can remove the engine myself. summers almost over and i really want to get the car to the track thnx guys for your help

edit: with new rocker arm on there is still plenty of movement, i have hardened rods,comp918's, and titanium retainers, so the only thing left in the problem is the lifter.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The lifter could be twisting.