Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Block

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cracked Block

Yeah well after the TC swap I noticed I had an oil leak Everyone told me that I messed up my rear main seal....I wish. I found a hair line crack in the block above the oil filter like where it goes into the bell houseing near the second bolt up......... Well after crying just a little I figured I would atleast try fixing it before selling the car. I tired JB weld on it....not sure if its going to work. Any idea.. I don't have the money to take it to get it pulled and welded if thats even poss.....Its small about an 1long maybe, you can't see it but when you turn the car on and run it, it appears out of the block weird I thought. I'll find out tomorrow after work if it is going to hold or not
Old 07-10-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The crack you see is only the tip of the icberg. The block cracked for a reason is now no doubt mis-shaped. You will need to plan on a new block and if you want to save any of the internals, you should try to do it sooner rather than later.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

ahhhh crap I think my racing days are over.....this sucks *** I have no idea when I could come up with the money for a new block
Old 07-10-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by formulajunky98
ahhhh crap I think my racing days are over.....this sucks *** I have no idea when I could come up with the money for a new block
jus try to find urself a used motor, i knw money is an issue but hopefully ull be able to do somethin..
Old 07-11-2005, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear that junky i had my motor go out big time all within 5mins of run time just on starting up my 98z my block has about a 2 1/2 wide hole 4 inchs long and the crack continues from the front passager clyinder around the front of the block timing cover didnt crack then it continues to the driver side of the block and has another hole on that side of the block. Its like a earthquake happened on my lower end of my car. This all happened on startup motor was cold car sat for a 1 week during that week i believe heavy rain we had here in CT in march found its way under my hood seal and somehow found its way into my engine. Also my car has 108k maybe it was its time to go. But u can find a ls1 short block for like 500-1000 u might just be able to get away with just getting a shortblock and get ur heads checked and just swap everything over.