Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little help after motor rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help after motor rebuild.

Ok so i spun a rod bearing. After pulling the motor and changing the crank and all the bearings, and putting the motor back together and back into the car. I start the car and there is no oil pressure. I Pulled the oil pump off again to make sure the oil oring was on it. I changed the o ring just to be safe. I put the car back together and still no oil pressure. Im not sure what else could be wrong. Any ideas? Outside the box thinking would be nice.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well..you said thinking outside the box...but i have to suggest the oil pressure sending unit..not saying you forgot to hook it up bc i know youve probably checked it 50 times..but i just can belive you have ZERO oil pressure... i know there is an oil plug in the back of the motor..is it still in?
matt
Old 07-11-2005, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

The Oil sending unit is rather new. only a few months old. Its hooked up and is not broken off. As for the oil plug on the back i did not take it out so i dont see how it would not be in. Unless it just falls out easy. Then again i did not see it on the floor at the shop. Also as far as the sending unit, the lifters are making noise as if the oil is not getting up to them.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well **** man..i dont know...i meant maybee that the oil sending unit was defective not visibly broken or anything...but if it was working before..im sure it is now..did you replace your oil pump with a new one? if not then that very well could be your problem..(sorry..didnt mention if you replaced it in your post so thats why i said this) most likely cause of the spun bearing was lack of oil...thats what happened to mine..did you at least clean out the old pump if you didnt get a new one and clean out the heads good..a good sized piece of metal left in the heads could clog up and oil passage..
Old 07-11-2005, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

I did reuse the old pump do to that fact that was not the reason that i spun the bearing. I spun the bearing do to stupidity not do to a mechanical failure. Also there was oil pressure before i pulled the motor. I did clean the pump before it was put back in. I really dont get it. Im about to just do a 7k run and blow the motor again.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For $80, try a LS6 oil pump. Also you could hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge to be sure.