Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me build forged 348 short block

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help me build forged 348 short block

I am an o3 z06 with Magnuson and thinking about getting a forged 348 and add nitrous to get into 650+rwhp range. I need help in putting together a list of all the components I need to start this project. I can't afford to have this done at once, so I will be buying in stages and then have a tuner put it together for me. Please keep in mind that I need a nitrous/SC friendly motor that would last. I rather get the best parts one at a time rather then getting ok parts to just save $$$. I have list of items bellow and would love for you guys to tell me what BRAND to use for each one. All your help would be greatly appreciated.

BLOCK
CRANK
PISTONS
RODS
WRIST PINS
RING SET
GASKETS

Please free free to add if anything is missing. Thanks!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO it would be by far cheapest to buy a forged rotating assembly. Or even a forged short block. Check out the many sponsors-------->

Forged shortblocks and rotating assemblie packages are probably going to be your best bet.

Also, depending on your power goals, the stock crank holds up to some pretty high numbers. You could just go with forged pistons and rods which may be a cheaper route for your application.