Old 07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tell me what you know or think about this kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7985813069
Old 07-14-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Well after getting statred by another thread a few days ago I found a similar kit from Summit they want about $2600 but the kit is balanced. The other thing I noticed is that they say they use Probe forged pistons when I talked to Eagle today they say they use JE pistons. They did say they offer the kit unbalanced that is what I'm thinking this kit is. The price doesn't seem too bad though. Do some research find out what you are gonna get and call eagle to find out about the seller.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Whats the difference in pistons
Old 07-15-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

I don't really know, but my point was this kit might not be put together by Eagle this vendor might have thrown it together not neccisarily bad but just not what Eagle put together. Are the JE's better than Probe? I know JE's are good pistons but I don't know much about Probe. Also the guy at Eagle said it was a custom piston made for them for the application. Really just do some research before you dump 2K.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

By the way go to www.summitracing.com and check the kit out part # ESP-B12804STD if you find it cheaper let me know.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firefighter
By the way go to www.summitracing.com and check the kit out part # ESP-B12804STD if you find it cheaper let me know.

seems nice, but I would like something a lil more 408 - 422 - 447 just seeing what all needs to be done

Flat top or dished pistons for nitrous car?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Well as soon as you start talking about anything more than that you start talking about sleeveing the block ie. very exspensive or a C5R block ie. even more exspensive. The LS1 & 6 aluminum blocks are limited to a 3.92 in bore. Maybe you could go iron block or if you got the $$$$ just wait and buy an LS7.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Seeing as it's my kit advertised I'll answer the questions (I'm not an advertiser so I don't intend to 'pitch' anything, just answer any confusion.)

Eagle offers their kit as a seperate part number, 12804 or B12804 for a balanced kit. They use a JE piston. Summit, and every other Eagle dealer advertising that part number sells the same exact thing.

Our kit includes Probe pistons as an entry level. Same material (2618), different piston manufacture. Some people prefer JE's, some people don't. For the VAST majority of people there is no difference. Yes, Probe has a more agressive price point. They also offer more options - different bore sizes, different dishes. JE only offers a FT in the 4.0/3.905 bore. It's E-bay, people price shop, it's just part of the equation and the reason why a kit would be priced as agressive as possible. They are quality parts, same crank/rod/bearings, different pistons. We piece our kits together, it gives us more options, but like any Eagle dealer we have Eagle's PN:12804 as well.

And, like any authorized dealer, you can inquire with the manufacture about who we are. They will verify our status as a dealer but I'm not sure how much more information they'll offer. You can also check around here on these boards ... Tony M knows me personally, as well as several other people who have purchased components in the past.

Didn't mean to write so much but figured I could probalby offer some insight on what the kit is and why it's put together the way that it is.

Brian Adams

Quick Reply: tell me what you know or think about this kit