Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 videos inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS3 videos inside

After spending about 3 days on the install, the MS3 is in my car correctly and running. After a few mishaps like losing a damn valve keeper and causing the AC to discharge when the radiator was going back in, everything is fine. I expected the valvetrain to be loud, but it is rediculously loud near the engine. At least the exhaust sounds really good though. It started up on the first try and took to idleing with no problems. The car tries to die once in a while on the street, but never does and has the usual bucking and surging down low since it is untuned. Just need to get my tb ported and I'm going to make a trip to TSP to get a full dyno tune. I'll post up how it feels SOTP wise since I've been heat cycling and going gentle on everything instead of driving it like it should be driven. It's going to still be making power at 6200 when the stock limiter cuts it off, but the tune will take care of that.

Here's the vids: Video 1
Video 2
Old 07-19-2005, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds good.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

man sounds nice ,let us know your progres in the track or dyno!!
Enjoy it!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Damn that thing sounds nice . I'm debating on whether or not to change out my cam for one of those, an G5X?, or an F14. Let us know what kind of numbers you put down after the tune and how it drives.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Launching!

CO2 is not your friend. Car sounds great.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chaos
Damn that thing sounds nice . I'm debating on whether or not to change out my cam for one of those, an G5X?, or an F14. Let us know what kind of numbers you put down after the tune and how it drives.
I'll definitely be getting some track and dyno numbers soon, but only the track numbers matter to me. As long as the car performs where it counts I'll be happy. I can say now that the driveability will be great, I made it to and from work today in heavy traffic in 100+ degree weather without any issue. A little bucking and surging below 1500rpm, but that's nothing that giving a little more gas off the line didn't take care of. On the cold starts it hunts for idle, but still has yet to die on me. I can't imagine anyone complaining about the driveability of this cam once it is tuned.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:27 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Congrats again...I heard the video clip earlier today. Please only post track times if you come back down from upper atmosphere.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LoPeY
I'll definitely be getting some track and dyno numbers soon, but only the track numbers matter to me. As long as the car performs where it counts I'll be happy. I can say now that the driveability will be great, I made it to and from work today in heavy traffic in 100+ degree weather without any issue. A little bucking and surging below 1500rpm, but that's nothing that giving a little more gas off the line didn't take care of. On the cold starts it hunts for idle, but still has yet to die on me. I can't imagine anyone complaining about the driveability of this cam once it is tuned.
I couldn't agree with ya more on the "track numbers matter to me" comment , but it's always nice to know what kind of numbers your car makes.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
Congrats again...I heard the video clip earlier today. Please only post track times if you come back down from upper atmosphere.
Haha! I love how people on LS1tech complain about 1000 ft. DAs. They should come to Albuquerque and run their cars in the 9000 ft. DAs! Before the cam, my car made 285 rwhp uncorrected with a 7000 ft. DA, elevation SUCKS!!! I'm going to get the tb ported and install the rear end and then it's off to Texas for a tune and to get the clutch installed. I'm very interested in a nitrous kit so I can have a shot at 10s, but I'm not sure if it will fit into my budget. It's going to be very close. I'll PM you with a few questions since calling Texas from work isn't too bright of an idea. And I don't usually get home until six or so.

Originally Posted by chaos
I couldn't agree with ya more on the "track numbers matter to me" comment , but it's always nice to know what kind of numbers your car makes.
If my car makes 100 rwhp, but runs quick, then that's totally fine by me. If my car ends up being slow in the eyes of others, then that's ok too, as long as I'm happy with it.