Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 cam thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 cam thoughts

Hey fellas, i know that im gonna probably get some criticism on this one but I have the 01 TA in sig that im wanting to get a head and cam change performed. I dont have access to any local tuners or dynos in my area so i have to get a cam that requires very little tuning, in other words be able to tune with a handheld(crane powertuner) Im curently leaning on the CNC GM ls6 heads and an ls6 cam....I do realize that i can make more power with a larger cam, but i need something with no lope and no real tuning required, and i know that this head and cam came as some OE cars...and for what its worth, so you guys think it will make real good power...thanks alot fellas
Old 07-21-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can send youre ecu to speed inc and they will flash it for any cam you want.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real good power? No.

Do some searches, there is a lot of info on what you are asking.

Whatever you do you should either take a road trip to have it dyno tuned or get a mail order tune. Or get something like HPTuners.

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 07-21-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

I bet your LTFT's are lean with all the exhaust work. Get a Tuner program because you will need to tune for any cam. I have the LS6 Cam and it's worked out real well for my daily driver. My point is anytime you add something that puts more air through the engine whether it's on the intake or exhaust side; you have to tune. You have an A4 like me so I would suggest you get a TC first, some really big bang for the buck there!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

I'm pretty impressed with the Crane tuner for my cam & torque converter modifications. I would imagine that their tunes for larger cams would be just as good. So, if I were you I wouldn't limit myself to cams that don't need a tune. Just pick a cam with the powerband that matches your goals and use the Crane. The hardest part will be to decide upon your goal.