Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Accumulators

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oil Accumulators

does anyone run one of these on their motors?

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?catcode=13600

I figgure since i'm gonna be spending some money on a new motor build it may be worth it to protect my investment. If anyone has run one how did you plumb it? the only way i see that it can be done on a LS1 motor is to connect it where the brass plug is above the oil filter since thats the direct path to the main oil feed galley. Unless there is an adaptor like the one moroso makes for the gen1&2 SBC.

JR
Old 07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRcamaroZ28
does anyone run one of these on their motors?

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?catcode=13600

I figgure since i'm gonna be spending some money on a new motor build it may be worth it to protect my investment. If anyone has run one how did you plumb it? the only way i see that it can be done on a LS1 motor is to connect it where the brass plug is above the oil filter since thats the direct path to the main oil feed galley. Unless there is an adaptor like the one moroso makes for the gen1&2 SBC.

JR

You can plumb in at the front of the motor (that's pre-oil filter) or put a tee where the oil pressure sending unit is...
Old 07-26-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I've often thought of using something like this. Jegs & Summit also used to sell a "pre-lube" system that ran about $400. This eliminated the need to manual opening and closing of the valve. I don't seem to be able to find this pre lube system online anymore.

I suppose you could wire in something like this
http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...075+4294845099

to control the opening and closing. But I think the pre lube system actually would delay the starter a few seconds until the pressure was up to a certain amount.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I've often thought of using something like this. Jegs & Summit also used to sell a "pre-lube" system that ran about $400. This eliminated the need to manual opening and closing of the valve. I don't seem to be able to find this pre lube system online anymore.

I suppose you could wire in something like this
http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...075+4294845099

to control the opening and closing. But I think the pre lube system actually would delay the starter a few seconds until the pressure was up to a certain amount.

Here's what we use.... A&A Accumalator
If we can get 5 orders we can give you a price that is nearly half....

Charlie
Old 07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tuner@AandACorvette
You can plumb in at the front of the motor (that's pre-oil filter) or put a tee where the oil pressure sending unit is...
just out of curiosity where would you tap into the front at? i know there is a plug thats in the block there behind the front cover but thats not tapped to fit an adaptor and you would need to modify the cover. by putting a tee in at the sending unit wouldn't it be doing the same thing as just hooking up to the the port just above the filter? oil goes up the passage on the back of the block to the main oil feed galley/pressure port at the top and that would be post filter injected also.

JR
Old 07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I guess by tapping off at the oil pressure switch up top, you dont have any header heat near lines, not to mention have the pressure switch in another postion so it won't break as easy. So what price can we get these for under a GP?