Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving car after cam install?

Old 08-03-2005, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving car after cam install?

How long is it okay to drive a car after a cam install before a tune? I'm installing an F13. I've gotten a bolt-on tune at Speed Inc before but due to some recent experiences I'm not sure if I want to go back there. But if I do I'd get tuned the day after the install. I'm doing the install next week.
However since I don't know if I want to tune there, I'm thinking about tuning at one of the shops around Detroit. I'm moving to Ann Arbor on the 20th so it'd be a lot closer.
Would it be okay to drive my car after the install for around 2 weeks before a tune, and make a long trip like that? Would I just be running the risk of fouling up my plugs, or can something else go bad? Also, is it a good idea not to beat on the car before the tune? I've got a Family reunion next weekend and I'm sure i'll be giving some rides.
Specifically in the Ann Arbor area I'm thinking of Hardcore Motorsports, Livernois for tuning. Does W2W do tuning as well? Anyone have experiences with any of them? I've had small work done by Livernois but not tuning, and their more expensive than Hardcore.
Appreciate the help guys.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be ok as long as you're not raging on the car. I drove mine around for a week or so. You may foul some plugs, but I didn't. It'll be rich down low, and lean up high. You'll have to resist the urge to go right out and beat the **** out of it.

Search this Thread