Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light and dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light and dealer

My speakers went out and i think my driver side window is going out too soo im afraid i need to take it to the dealer is under warranty....would they over look my SES light that i got after installing LTs...?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they would have to be the most **** retentive dealer in the world to not service your speakers/window motor because of something engine related.

although you never know
Old 08-06-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clear the SES and take it in. They wont be driving the car and if it dose come on do you think they would work any harder than they have to.............
Old 08-06-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lol i love dealer ppl, they charge you 4 times the amount anywere else would charge, and then they always find "something wrong" love em!.........SARCASM!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Teching In

i might as well tune it first and then...the light should be gone...i was worried more about them seen the headers and making a note for next time if i go in..for engine service : )
Old 08-07-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of the aftermarket parts do NOT void your warranty especially if they have a CARB number. This includes headers and other exhaust components as well as cold air induction systems all of which are items that are clearly visable if the hood is popped open. The SEMA people see to this or their business would dwindle drastically if all their customers had to wait until their warranty expired to buy their aftermarket products. The only thing SEMA needs to improve on is getting the word out to people such as yourself that their warranty doesn't necessarily expire if they install an non-OEM product.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

If you have the a-holes working at your dealership that are around here..... clear the SES light first. It will save you lots of Q's and potential headaches.

Most mods will not void the warranty. Exhaust (cat-back), aftermarket CAI (though GM has some tech bulletin against the K&N filter....claims the oil from it can muck up the MAF sensor), !CAGS, most interior and appearance mods, and SHORTY headers are all allowed. LT's may cause a prob as the cats are no longer in the same location (provided you even kept them) and thus are NOT CARB legal. The dealer has the right to void warranty work on the ENGINE as a result of this. On the flip side, Magnuson superchargers had a successful lawsuit against warranty compliance with various dealers in court. Basically, their suit (which they won) was that if a part breaks that isn't DIRECTLY the result of the aftermarket parts installation...then the dealer has to honor the warranty. Thus, defective window motors and door speakers must be covered even though you have LT's installed. The actual ruling on this can be found on-line.

Anyhow, this got a bit long. My $0.02....clear the SES light and you'll be good to go.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks everyone...good advice