Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cam install on my Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New cam install on my Z06

Just got finished installing a new cam/springs/mc pushrods on my Z06 (specs in sig). The job took 9 hours.... We ROCKED!!! I want to thank Lou (02 Pewter LS1) and Gene of Genes Auto Repair for all the help.
I am VERY pleased with the results.
I did not want to go crazy and put added stress on the valve train going huge lift numbers and feel I made a great choice. This bad boy really pulls now from 4500 up, even without the proper tune! Just awesome. Should have done this a year ago...
Will have it over to Norris within a week or so and hoping to be around 410rw, maybe a little more NA and well over 570rw on the juice.
Anyone "on the fence" about doing a cam should just do it!! You won't be disappointed!!! If any C5 owners have any questions on the install feel free to ask. The big worry on taking out the rack was nothing. It was out so fast it was a non issue!!! And changing the springs out was 1 hour flat. I could not believe how well it went. Thanks again Gene and Lou for the help!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

id be interested to see how long the clutch last for
Old 08-07-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem buddy glad I could help you out like you have done for me in the past with my car.

I could not believe how smooth this install went with NO problems. Working on a Vette is so much easier in my opinion over a f-body. The valve springs were a breeze I was even amazed how fast they went.

The car sounds really nice with that cam I knew once you had it done you would have wished you did it sooner.

Now it's time for Lou's direct port to go on hugh buddy.