Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve locks....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valve locks....

Does anyone here know of a company that makes 7Deg locks for 8mm (.313) valve stems... kinda hit a little snag finishing up the ALL Pros.. Im running Xcledyne retainers & PSI springs and would like to stick with a top quality TI lock. To get some custom made which might be the only option there are 8 bucks per lock..
Old 08-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locks

Originally Posted by CTSmechanic
Does anyone here know of a company that makes 7Deg locks for 8mm (.313) valve stems... kinda hit a little snag finishing up the ALL Pros.. Im running Xcledyne retainers & PSI springs and would like to stick with a top quality TI lock. To get some custom made which might be the only option there are 8 bucks per lock..

You can actually get away with using the 5/16 locks, are they bead lock or square groove? the other option is to have the keeper groove area centerless ground to .310 to .3105. It is probably still cheaper in the long run and would allow you to get parts easier in the future. I would reccommend using steel locks if they are square groove.

That is the reason we used 5/16 valves in our new heads.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the imput.. but I think im gunna get a set made I talked to a friend who's doing the work and told me to 'buck up" ohh well.the extra cost is pretty minor when you look at the grand scheme of things.. Once again thank you
Old 08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to Manley's web site, you can order directly from them. Make sure you get the machined, not stamped, locks.