Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LME 408 Underway!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LME 408 Underway!!

I bit the bullet a while back and ordered an LME 408. I'll be keeping my Stage 3 LS6 heads w/ 2.08/1.60 valves and 63.5cc chambers. They will be opened up to a 4.03 bore by LME and flowtested. Once they recieve my heads I'm hoping for some decent flow #'s or they might have to see what else is left on the table. The guys over at LME(Brian and Pecos) have been top notch thus far and have answered my every question. I'm no engine pro, but these guys are. I asked all my dumb questions with them over the phone over 2 phone calls about 1hr each. The first phone call I was just gathering info, but with the time they spent with me on the phone and their reputation they got my business.

This motor will be going in my 04 GTO M6. The car is currently running a Spec 3r, and complete BMR driveline(carbon fiber driveshaft, 300m halfshafts)
and some 3.91 gears. This will be primarily a street car that is not daily driven. This is my hang out car, so it will be driven on weekends only. Tell me what else I can do to extract some more power out of this thing. I'm ditching my old injectors for bigger ones and ditching my 1 3/4" SW LT's for some Kooks 1 7/8" w/ORPipes.

Setup consists of:

• 6.0L iron block blue printed and assembled opened up to 4.03” bore
• Eagle 4.0” crankshaft
• 6.125” Callies H-beam rods
• Wiseco nitrous forged pistons with valve reliefs(flattops, 8cc rev. dome, 32cc dish)
• Childs and Albert dura moly rings
• Federal Mogal 152M mains
• Clevite cb663H rod bearings
• Dura bond cam bearings
• ARP main studs
• ARP head studs
• Crane Hyd. Roller lifters
• Felpro head gaskets
• LME re-worked SLP Stage III LS6 heads
• Ford SVO 42lb green top injectors
• FAST 90 portmatched 90mm intake mainifold
• 90mm Nick Willaims TB
• Kooks 1 7/8” headers w/ no cats
• Custom EDC cam(256/260 .660/.643 114LSA)
• SLP high flow oil pump
• Upgraded Valvesprings/retainers
• HP tuners Speed Density tune
• LM-1 for wideband street tuning
• Corsa exhaust
• ASP pulley

Any guesses on HP? The car is trapping about 118mph now with the H/C setup, my personal goal is to trap 126-128mph. Is that an unrealistic expectation? Thanks in advance for you guys input

Dougie
Old 08-11-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No replies? Any ideas on what I can do to extract some more power before she gets put back together?

Quick Reply: LME 408 Underway!!