Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ferrea Hollow Stem Valves ?s

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ferrea Hollow Stem Valves ?s

Who sales Ferrea Hollow stems valves and what do they cost? Thinking bout upgrading to a light weight 2.02 intake and a 1.57 exhaust valves.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Charles Cyrus
Who sales Ferrea Hollow stems valves and what do they cost? Thinking bout upgrading to a light weight 2.02 intake and a 1.57 exhaust valves.
You must be up to no good!

I use them in some of my small block Fords that must have lightweight valvetrain in order to rev to the moon, but are mandated by rules, to run steel valves and not titanium.

In my dumbass opinion, they are kind of expensive just to use them for the novelty of it. So unless you "really" need the lightweight steel valves to meet some rules requirement, most LS engines don't require these things...

Ed
Old 08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by EDC
You must be up to no good!

I use them in some of my small block Fords that must have lightweight valvetrain in order to rev to the moon, but are mandated by rules, to run steel valves and not titanium.

In my dumbass opinion, they are kind of expensive just to use them for the novelty of it. So unless you "really" need the lightweight steel valves to meet some rules requirement, most LS engines don't require these things...

Ed

"but but but......the LS7 has titanium valves......." .... sorry...had to get my poke in on all the LS7 nutswinging going on of late.......

while you can never go "wrong" trying to lower valve train mass, the gains provided by these are probably quite minimal unless you plan to turn high RPM......a good set of Ti retainers and some stiffer springs will do fine......

OEM LS6 valves are lighter because it means GM could use a softer spring and get more life out of it while still reaching the higher intended RPM.......

edit: but to actually answer your question about where to get the valves, you can just call Ferrea or go to their website (http://www.ferrea.com/)

they don't make a hollow 1.57" exhaust (don't list one at least).....1.60" is the smallest

(http://www.ferrea.com/domestic05.html)
the part numbers are: F1022P (2.02" intake) and F1021P (1.60" exhaust)

Last edited by 2001CamaroGuy; 08-19-2005 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Cool

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
"but but but......the LS7 has titanium valves......." .... sorry...had to get my poke in on all the LS7 nutswinging going on of late.......
"just a wild and crazy guy"....

while you can never go "wrong" trying to lower valve train mass, the gains provided by these are probably quite minimal unless you plan to turn high RPM......a good set of Ti retainers and some stiffer springs will do fine......
yup..
OEM LS6 valves are lighter because it means GM could use a softer spring and get more life out of it while still reaching the higher intended RPM.......
The GM stuff is quite nice. Light, flow well and relatively cheap!
edit: but to actually answer your question about where to get the valves, you can just call Ferrea or go to their website (http://www.ferrea.com/)

they don't make a hollow 1.57" exhaust (don't list one at least).....1.60" is the smallest

(http://www.ferrea.com/domestic05.html)
the part numbers are: F1022P (2.02" intake) and F1021P (1.60" exhaust)
They'll make whatever you want... Been there, done that..

Ed
Old 08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by EDC
"just a wild and crazy guy"....

They'll make whatever you want... Been there, done that..

Ed

what do they charge (if you remember) to custom make a valve (I wouldn't THINK it's very cheap)?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Cool

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
what do they charge (if you remember) to custom make a valve (I wouldn't THINK it's very cheap)?
Ummm.. Non-sponsor cannot quote price...

Call them directly...

Ed
Old 08-20-2005, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the information guys!

Quick Reply: Ferrea Hollow Stem Valves ?s