Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth fixing ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth fixing ?

Alright guys i posted back about my car being in a wreck its a 2000 Trans Am with 42000 miles auto black Its currently outside collecting dust since monday that i hit that middle lane sidewalk at 65 mph and the car did two 360s and wound up going over the side walk to the other side of the lane. My question is it worth fixing i mean the only cosmetic damage is the front fender and as far as i can tell the rear axel y pipe are dead along with the two rims on my side that hit the sidewalk , should i worry about the frame being messed up and is do you all think its worth fixing i still owe 8000 on it and it had no insurance. Father thinks i should fix and sell but i wont get much for it he says it probably wont ride the same anymore like before what do u all think i really would appreciate the feed back.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

You won't fix it and sell it and break even.

Your kind of screwed, I would part out the engine/trans/pcm and pay all of that on my debt, then pay the rest off asap to clear the title.

Someone would like to fix it up as a drag car im sure.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

i believe it can be fixed it doesnt look bad i just want to get some more opinions and decide what ill do
Old 09-01-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some good body shops have a thing where they put the car on and see of the chassis is messed up. Its kind of like an alinment for your chassis. Usually you can make it straight but it dose loose the strenght of it. If you do make it straigh look in to buy some chassi upgrades. Like sub frame connectors and a cage 6-8pt wouldn't hurt also. It will make the car heavier but at least it would be better than nothing. And it would strengthen frame and chassis.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Call around to body shops and ask where is a reputable frame straightening shop. Tow it there and they can tell you how and what and if. And do the frame stuff maximo said, afterward. Id get a number of responses before deciding where to go.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

well i looked under it today nothing seemed off all i could see is the that the lights werent really alighning with the hood but i believe its due to the fact that ****** wreaker lifted the bed on the nose of my car and bent it like i mother it didnt break i just saw it fold like wow :S but did happen to bend the **** outta the y pipe on the driver side figures since thats where the impact was and on one of the lift points of the car which i believe is called the unibody ipushed it up but not bent it im thinking some new suspension parts is all thats needed still keep the responses coming and if u guys can find me a 12 bolt at a good price id appreciate it
Old 09-02-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No matter what you will need to have it straightened.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

my friend had a similar accident and it ended up costing his issurance company $12k+, but that was at a dealership. doing half the **** yourself could save a LOT. buy a used stock rear for like $300, have a body shop check the frame out and fix it, replace all the suspension with aftermarket stuff, new rims and tires, aftermarket exhaust, and your ready to go with a faster car too.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

That hurts just hearing about it. Lift from the front..ouch. They should have got a flatbed. I'd still take it to the shop and have it get staightend.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post some pictures so we can see some of the damage.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

What's you address, maybe I could take a look at it.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

how much does it usually cost to restraighten it ?
Old 09-03-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

post up picks cuz I just recently got into a similar accident. I destroyed 2 rims, LCA's, PHR, 1 axle, and the PHR bracket on passenger side so far i'm almost done and I have put nothing on but aftermarket and I have about $1000 wrapped up so far. The only thing that I know will cost me is I have a little bit of damage on the 1/4 panels at the flare but that doesnt affect any driveability in the car. Just makes me sick to know I have cosmetic damage But there is hope for you still. By the way I spun out into a center median
Old 09-05-2005, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

i was also wondering whats the most hp a a4 can handle and how would i notice the diffrence in handleing and acceleration with a new rear end and all suspension mods and headers and catback exhaust along with a new air intake ?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Trans_Am05
i was also wondering whats the most hp a a4 can handle and how would i notice the diffrence in handleing and acceleration with a new rear end and all suspension mods and headers and catback exhaust along with a new air intake ?
Dude, I live in Laredo, I'll give you a ride in mine. Just trying to help out a fellow Laredoan. Let me take a look at your car.