Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just found out i can get machine work for free, what should I get done to ls1 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!! i just found out i can get machine work done for free

so what all should I get done to my ls1 heads? P&P, bigger valves? This saves me from buying LS6 heads I hope.

I can get all the machining done for free, just have to buy the parts needed for any upgrades, and carry them in with the heads. The car is and will still be a daily driver, I am thinking of a pretty nice cam. Just need to know which way to go with heads?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd go ahead and at least get LS6 heads if I was in your shoes. They aren't too pricey at all and I think it'll be worth it. How are you getting the work done for free? Got the hookup huh? Wanna be my friend?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
I'd go ahead and at least get LS6 heads if I was in your shoes. They aren't too pricey at all and I think it'll be worth it. How are you getting the work done for free? Got the hookup huh? Wanna be my friend?
I heard I can get more flow out of the LS1's with a good port job and bigger valves
Old 09-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Restricted User

I'd get the block resleeved Good luck with it.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AntiVenom06
so what all should I get done to my ls1 heads? P&P, bigger valves? This saves me from buying LS6 heads I hope.

I can get all the machining done for free, just have to buy the parts needed for any upgrades, and carry them in with the heads. The car is and will still be a daily driver, I am thinking of a pretty nice cam. Just need to know which way to go with heads?

have them cut the valve spring seat for a DUAL valve spring......SBC style....this gives you more options and stronger parts.......you can even switch over to a 10degree lock vs. the stock 7degree.......

get a set of 2.02/1.60 valves (I got all 16 of my Ferrera valves from SDPC2000.com for ~$200) AND NEW INTERLOCKING VALVE SEATS put in.......

have bronze valve guides installed.........

have them milled to give you a mid to high 10.X:1 compression.....

then have them ported and polished.......

if all is done right, you will have heads far better than you can buy (for anywhere NEAR the same cost that is) and be very happy