Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Water flow

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Water flow

I got a 99 camaroi ss and i have been having a problem with it overheating. So i checked everything like the pump the radiator for leaks and made sure that it is full of water. Everything seemed fine till i noticed that the hose that comes off the heads and goes through the TB aint flowing any water all. This all started after i changed the head on the car to 6.0 heads off a truck. Anyone have an idea as to why there wouldnt be any water coming through the heads like that? I have the TB bypassed so to make sure that there arent a issue with the hose that comes off the heads i disconnected the hose and tried to see if water came through the pipe on the head. Nada. Hope someone can come up with somethign to help me out here. Thanks

John
Old 09-09-2005, 11:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 123 Likes on 36 Posts

Default coolant flow

Well, my best guess is the head gaskets are on backwards. The coolant transfer holes between block and heads are at the rear of the motor. If the gaskets are backwards, these holes will be blocked.

I put a post in a week ago with pictures of the gasket and transfer holes: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....8&postcount=36

Steve

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
I got a 99 camaroi ss and i have been having a problem with it overheating. So i checked everything like the pump the radiator for leaks and made sure that it is full of water. Everything seemed fine till i noticed that the hose that comes off the heads and goes through the TB aint flowing any water all. This all started after i changed the head on the car to 6.0 heads off a truck. Anyone have an idea as to why there wouldnt be any water coming through the heads like that? I have the TB bypassed so to make sure that there arent a issue with the hose that comes off the heads i disconnected the hose and tried to see if water came through the pipe on the head. Nada. Hope someone can come up with somethign to help me out here. Thanks

John
760-630-0450
web: www.raceenginedevelopment.com/
e-mail: race-engine-development@***.net