Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 truck question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry LS1 truck question?

I bought d1sc procharger...... Where I had the engine built to hold that is saying it is prochargers fault...... I just want some opinions which i have already got some from other performance companies..... I have a silverado supersport truck with ls1 engine which already had 150 shot nos. wanted more so i bought the procharger d1sc which is a racing blower.. the company completely rebuilt engine with racing rods pistons (inverted dome) crank 4340.... top of the line.....(eagle)....Truck on nos only was running 13.00. I was happy for a while but there were trucks (svt) running quicker with nos so I wanted to have a sleeper that would eat that.... So this company built engine to hold 1000hp at wheels. On dyno it was at 620hp all 4 wheels 730tq with nos 530 on motor... Thing was when it hit 3rd boost went from 13 psi in 1st and 2nd to 5psi and would struggle to climb past that... Which they thought it was a timing issue.... Took truck back and we took it out and put a different tune in it which was good but stilll boost is 3rd wasnt there.. They said converter wasn't big enough...OK.. After the last track run we ran 13.8 with nos and 13.9 on motor..... Fastest vehicle there in 60' 1.7 0-60 less that 5 sec but 60-99 forever.... Anyway when i left the company with new tune charger quit and i could smell what i thought was a belt... So I immediately turned around and heard **** falling throught the engine..... lost power steering and pulled truck over and went up road and found harmonic balancer bolt........ The whole problem was there was no keyway which they took responsibility for but now there is no oil pressure after fixing it..... They want me to pay to see what problem is..... After talking..... nevermind that will some of you guys just give your opinions before we drop hammer please.......
Thanks,
Carter

Last edited by carter17; 09-22-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Should have better e.t.s.....

Could you help me out w/ year,make, model of truck. Sounds like awd denali or Sierra c3. What parts were replaced on the last engine. The timing issue you were talking about sounds correct on the boost problem. Little more info would help.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My head hurts after trying to read that.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
My head hurts after trying to read that.
Paragraph formating for the win!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Teching In

sorry about the headache....... The truck is 2003 silverado supersport... I bought truck new and put nos on it, no engine work was done until I got the d1sc. Had engine completely rebuilt so i could spray with nos and supercharge.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Whoa, I seriously cannot make out what the hell you're trying to say. I know you're probably pissed about the situation, but could you slow down a little and try explaining that again? And please, don't call it "nos", it's nitrous oxide.

Last edited by Krab; 09-23-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talked to a friend today about your situation and the subject came up about the exhaust. Are you flowing enough?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Teching In

3My truck has the ls1 engine. Same as corvette and it is NOT keyed....... and the company who built my engine is saying since they send a drill bit for the corvette to make keyway they should have for mine.... I have contacted procharger and they said no truck kit needs drill bit for p1sc only 8psi. The kit for the corvette is p1sc which is a street blower.... I bought(racing blower) d1sc so I could run (nos) as well. On dyno with nos we were at 620hp/730tq all 4 wheels....530motor/630 tq.... Chevrolet took short cut in not making a keyway but with that being seen and knowing we were going to do this much hp..... should that maybe have been addressed?? I was (truck is sitting at this time) at 14psi lst and 2nd but when hit 3rd fell off to 6psi..... They fronted the bill to fix crank and pulley, but now there is no oil pressure and they are saying it is a result of this, being the harmonic balancer coming out of crank.... If a company "stands behing their work" well nevermind.....Guys I really don't understand alot of the internals of engine but everyone I have talked to says that it was a mistake to not key it from the get go and should have been addressed..... Please help.....
Old 09-26-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Punctuation and sentence structure are your friends. Proper tense's might also make it a little easier to read.

So the crank wasn't keyed, you lost the balancer, and after fixing that you don't have oil pressure?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Launching!

I seems to me that sometime during your dialogue with your engine builder/blower installer he should have discussed with you just what boost levels you wanted to run and what this would require as far as engine modifications, and pinning the crank should have been at the top of the list along with the requisite fuel system enhancements. This should have been done before they started it for the first time!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Teching In

if you had put as much money in this truck as i had you would not worring about punctuation, sentence structure or anyting else but trying to get some opinions about this....... I have contacted many companies around the country including west coast customs, east coat customsm, jd's auto, pcm, just wanted to get some OPINIONS from some of you guys. please read last post not first post on this I was and still am very upset about the whole situation....
Carter