Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Just got motor running in RX7 but oil pressure is weird

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Just got motor running in RX7 but oil pressure is weird

I just got the car running but the oil pressure is strange. It will go slight above thirty and dip around, rev it around 3k it will hit over 60 but then some time it will drop to near zero at idle. THe motor was out and I put new ARP rod bolts in it. I know this sounds like the pintched pick up tube but I put it back with the pan off and the tube went on straight. I did not replace the o ring because it looked like new (the motor I got looks like new) Can the O ring be compressed and won't seal right anymore???
Old 09-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Staging Lane

Default never mind :-)

It was the piece of crap Mazda sending unit. I pulled the filter to make sure there are no chunks of metal in it and after I put the filter back on there was 0 pressure. So I switched the sending unit from the 13B that was in the car and I know for sure it works. ( the one originally on the LS1 was one I got for free from a junk core 13B motor that has been sitting for 2 year.) Put it in and now it reads over 40 at idle and bit over 60 at over 3,500. (The Mazda gauge is more less like a light, you either have some or a lot, that is all it pretty much tells you. )
Old 09-30-2005, 06:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mazdized
It was the piece of crap Mazda sending unit. I pulled the filter to make sure there are no chunks of metal in it and after I put the filter back on there was 0 pressure. So I switched the sending unit from the 13B that was in the car and I know for sure it works. ( the one originally on the LS1 was one I got for free from a junk core 13B motor that has been sitting for 2 year.) Put it in and now it reads over 40 at idle and bit over 60 at over 3,500. (The Mazda gauge is more less like a light, you either have some or a lot, that is all it pretty much tells you. )
That's pretty much how all LS1's are. My Formula reads 40/idle 60/cruising
Old 09-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Well that doesn't surprise me... MAZDA=FORD=SHITTY ELECTRONICS