Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plugs/Wires/Coil?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plugs/Wires/Coil?

OK, I installed Hooker LTs awhile back and changed out the plugs and wires. Running TR55s with MSD wires. All the problems with misfiring went away till a couple days ago. Got the infamous blinking SES. GRRRRR. Pulled the wires off and double checked that they were on nice and tight. Also checked the connections TO the coil. All seems good. Grabbed each wire with the motor running to test for any voltage leaks. Nothing besides the slight pulse.

So, frustrated I couldn't find the problem, I reset the ECM and all seemed well. No more problems. Drove about 2 blocks and problem rears it's ugly head again! Does this sound like a bad coil pack? It's on the #1 cylinder. Secondly, is the #1 the front pass or drivers side? And lastly, when I changed the plugs, I was told to gap them wrong. Was told .035. Could this be attributing to my misfire? Thanks guys!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Your number 1 is on the drivers side front and towards the rear its all odd numbers 1,3,5,7, and on the passenger side from front to rear its 2,4,6,8, and yes it is possible that the .035 instead of .060 is part of your problem (if your sure that the code your getting is cylinder number 1 missfire.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Wink

Originally Posted by ChicagoTransAm
OK, I installed Hooker LTs awhile back and changed out the plugs and wires. Running TR55s with MSD wires. All the problems with misfiring went away till a couple days ago. Got the infamous blinking SES. GRRRRR. Pulled the wires off and double checked that they were on nice and tight. Also checked the connections TO the coil. All seems good. Grabbed each wire with the motor running to test for any voltage leaks. Nothing besides the slight pulse.

So, frustrated I couldn't find the problem, I reset the ECM and all seemed well. No more problems. Drove about 2 blocks and problem rears it's ugly head again! Does this sound like a bad coil pack? It's on the #1 cylinder. Secondly, is the #1 the front pass or drivers side? And lastly, when I changed the plugs, I was told to gap them wrong. Was told .035. Could this be attributing to my misfire? Thanks guys!
Just Gap your Plugs to .060 That should solve the problem. My Buddy tried .035 and It was triggering SES Also.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

awesome...thanks guys!!!!