Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any issues w/ Vinci tool and AFR225s or PP golds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any issues w/ Vinci tool and AFR225s or PP golds?

Am I just a complete moron or does anyone know if there are fitment issues when using the Vinci Tool on an AFR225 head with PP Gold springs?

My tool seemed to be too fat (haha, I hear that often ) to fit between the springs. It would also not seat all the way down, even after I removed the springs. It looks like the valve cover screw hole boss has too big of an OD or the tool's ID is too small.

Just wondering if its me working in the garage too late or if anyone else has had any issues like this.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Vinci uses this tool all the time and they do a lot of work with AFR heads as well. I would give Joe or Roger a call when they open this morning. I used the tool on my stock heads with Crane springs without issue, but it was a snug fit with the Crane duals. If the springs you are removing are a larger diameter, then there could conceivably be an issue.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to grind mine out a bit to get it to fit over the valve cover bolt bosses.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArKay99
I had to grind mine out a bit to get it to fit over the valve cover bolt bosses.
Cool, thats what I was going to do, just wanted to make sure someone else has seen this before "modifying" an expensive tool.

David