Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine sounds smoother after the timing chain

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default engine sounds smoother after the timing chain

can anyone explain why ,, is it because the stock timing chain was very loose? also the timing is installed at zero not advance not retard
also does that mean that my car won`t run better than before installing the cloyes t-chain
need help
fahad
Old 10-27-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Umm... was it advanced or retarded before you put the new chain on? Are you saying you changed the timing with the new chain or just that with the new chain and everything else the same the car idles smoother?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Umm... was it advanced or retarded before you put the new chain on? Are you saying you changed the timing with the new chain or just that with the new chain and everything else the same the car idles smoother?
in past the timing chin was stock and loose never dereed before
and with the new timing chain it was installed at 0 not advanced not retarted too ,, also after the new timing chain the oil pressure was a bit lower than before
i hope u got me now
Old 10-28-2005, 03:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The new timing chain, being tighter ... will more accurately keep the cam and crank in sync. There for the valve events will be in sync w/ your crank motion, making everything run smoother. But ... the new timing chain installed on 0 degrees of advance, is the same as the stock timing chain. Because the stock chain is installed w/ 0 degrees of advance, just that the stock chain doesn't have any marks on it. Slake in the timing chain can be a problem, sounds like that was why your engine wasn't running as smooth. Glad you fixed the problem!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:55 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Double roller is tight as crazy over the stock one...that might have something to do with it. You go Dot to Dot i hope?
I hope that you didn't pay too much for that timing setup. Is that the adjustable cloyes?