Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best way to get 400 hp????

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best way to get 400 hp????

Alright, you can all see my current mods in my sig, I think my next move is going to be a cam. Keeping in mind this is my daily driver, which would be the best cam? Any other mods I will need to put down 400?? Thanks for the help
Old 11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

I think it would be a good idea to get headers, finish your exhaust, the cam needs to breathe and since its an '02 you already got the intake part. Now to your question, something with a high LSA like 114 or more since its your DD. Good luck----Andrew
Old 11-04-2005, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kws87
Alright, you can all see my current mods in my sig, I think my next move is going to be a cam. Keeping in mind this is my daily driver, which would be the best cam? Any other mods I will need to put down 400?? Thanks for the help
Take this from my mistake..............get Long Tube headers first, then get a nice cam. The cam will depend on what you want. Loud, lopey, quiet, sleeper, etc. You can get 400rwhp from all kinds of different cams. Its insane what they have out there. Most people like the lopey sound from a big cam, but those aren't necessary for what your trying to achieve. But get some long tubes first bro.........you'll be glad you did, and it'll help your cam out. Believe it or not headers can have a big effect on the power curve since primary pipe size and length help determine when that reflected wave arrives in the cylinder. LT's then a nice lopey cam is what I recommend..........
Old 11-05-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea work your way up! get all your exhaust done 1st..

but then after that go for a Futral F11 or F13 cam! With full bolt on's.. You can hit 400RWHP!

if you want to be an over achiever like most people around here! Get heads! lol

You'll definately hit your mark plus more then!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's really, really simple. Bolt ons, then a cam.

Finish the bolt ons first, as they said, by getting headers. Then get a cam (SEARCH) that fits you well and have it tuned.