Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOTS of oil in the intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LOTS of oil in the intake

well here is the short story of what going on. couple months ago i had ot have my heads reworked all new valves guides springs and what not. put car back together and it ran good but developed a tick. i changed and checked everything. and nothing worked. so now im pulling heads agin to put new lifters in to see if that helps and do away with my compR lifters.

well after i put it back together it whould smoke on start up and what not. where it never did before. well to day i took off intake to start pulling my heads for new lifters and the hole inside of the intake was covered in oil. and the intake ports on the heads has a nice sheet of oil on all of them. so im guess that where my smoking comeing from. so im asking what yall think i need to do? with the pcv system? do away with it and let it breath with breather or what? or what else chould case this? car ran fine no missing or any thing. just dont like the tick and wana fix it before something else tears up from it.

iv done leak down test and compresion test and both was good. so im hopeing it all comming from the pcv. any ideas please give them to me so i can try while it is apart again.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:22 AM
9 Second Club

Catch can. Thats all you need. AMW sells a nice one. But they are way overpriced.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:29 AM
FormerVendor

Did you replace the PCV valve?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 AM
10 Second Club

replaced the pcv a while back and i been running a home made catch can. it traps some oil but when you pull line off the intake and pull the pcv out there oil all in side the line and pcv valve.

please keep the ideas comming
Old 11-05-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

i read something about using a 6.0l truck PCV valve but not sure of the part#. It has a much smaller hole in the bottom of the pcv valve.