Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ready to buy rotating assembly... before I buy off eBay, any sponsors want a shot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ready to buy rotating assembly... before I buy off eBay, any sponsors want a shot?

I am (finally) ready to buy a forged rotating assembly for my LS1 engine. I plan on putting it all together myself. I've been price shopping around and it seems like the best prices are on eBay... I would like to support the sponsors but I don't know where to start, short of calling/emailing every one of them. Who has the best deal on budget forged rotating assemblies? I'm going to need a lot of stuff, and don't mind making a large purchase off one vendor if the price is right.

Building a low-compression (around 8.5:1) stock stroke, 3.905 bore engine. Want inverted dome pistons, not full dish. Need forged pistons, rods w/floating pins, crank, all bearings, main studs, etc.

Feel free to PM me with any offers, etc. Want to buy this week.

Thanks, -Dave
Old 11-06-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Give them a call:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ating+assembly
Old 11-06-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to bore to 3.905 and you're going to buy a forged rotating assembly, why not buy a stroker crank and build a 383? Makes more sense to me, its going to cost just about the same.

Anyhow....also check with TSP, Thunder, HPE, Futral, they should all have rotating assemblies you can purchase. Those shops can also talk to you about your setup if need be, they aren't just retail places.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet, thanks for the info...

I am building a stock stroke because:
1) I am building a turbo setup... if I want more power, I'll blow it through
2) Fuel economy
3) Also concerned about increased pumping loss and crank case pressure w/a longer stroke... and I don't want to spring for a vacuum pump
4) Don't want to deal with the extra BS that comes with building a stroker... and there seems to be a lot from what I saw in the Advanced section here
5) Longevity - I'll have better rod ratios with a smaller stroke... less side-loading on the cylinder walls
6) My car is going to be seriously traction limited as it is... I'm at 4,000lbs and can only get 9.5" wheels on the back... and it's a rear IRS, not a straight axle
7) Still using stock cam, so I think I'll have enough low-end torque without the extra stroke.... and if I need more, I can always get a higher stall converter

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
If you're going to bore to 3.905 and you're going to buy a forged rotating assembly, why not buy a stroker crank and build a 383? Makes more sense to me, its going to cost just about the same.

Anyhow....also check with TSP, Thunder, HPE, Futral, they should all have rotating assemblies you can purchase. Those shops can also talk to you about your setup if need be, they aren't just retail places.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

To the top
Old 11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

quick question, why IRS... class rulls?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

4000 lbs, IRS....Jag?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

its a mystery...lol
Old 11-07-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Hahaha yea, check out my site in my sig for some pics. I am putting an LS1 in a 1985 Jaguar XJ6. The XJ's (like all jags I know of) have a Independent Rear Suspension... no solid axle. The F'ers are heavy too... stock curb weight is around 4000lbs. I'm swapping in an aluminum block LS1 block which is lighter than the stock block and a 4L80E which is heavier that the stock trans... so I prob haven't changed weight TOO much.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by FastKat
I am (finally) ready to buy a forged rotating assembly for my LS1 engine. I plan on putting it all together myself. I've been price shopping around and it seems like the best prices are on eBay... I would like to support the sponsors but I don't know where to start, short of calling/emailing every one of them. Who has the best deal on budget forged rotating assemblies? I'm going to need a lot of stuff, and don't mind making a large purchase off one vendor if the price is right.

Building a low-compression (around 8.5:1) stock stroke, 3.905 bore engine. Want inverted dome pistons, not full dish. Need forged pistons, rods w/floating pins, crank, all bearings, main studs, etc.

Thanks, -Dave
hey buddy this is charles with sdpc we are a sponsor of the site and would like a shot to try and help you out give us a call we offer low prices call us at 1-800-456-0211 thank you!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOL i've always thought that that was a early 2nd gen body! lol....damn i'm blinde lol
Old 11-08-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Haha I get that ALL the time! That and people think it's an early 50's chevy... looks totally different with the hood off!

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject
LOL i've always thought that that was a early 2nd gen body! lol....damn i'm blinde lol
Old 11-08-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Port Pros rotating assembly

Originally Posted by FastKat

Thanks, -Dave
We are a new sponsor give us a call. I have 347ci to 438ci kits on sale. Eagle 4340 cranks-h-beam rods 6.125 or 6.200 depends on the kit-JE pistons, rings, pins and locks-rod and main bearings.
www.PortPros.com (512)-257-0222 PortPros@sbcglobal.net
Old 11-09-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Awesome, I will have to PM you guys because it's tough for me to call people during regular business hours due to my work schedule.

Originally Posted by PortPros1
We are a new sponsor give us a call. I have 347ci to 438ci kits on sale. Eagle 4340 cranks-h-beam rods 6.125 or 6.200 depends on the kit-JE pistons, rings, pins and locks-rod and main bearings.
www.PortPros.com (512)-257-0222 PortPros@sbcglobal.net