Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard from Felber Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone heard from Felber Racing?

I have sent off several emails from felber racing asking him what kind of valves I got what are exact specs of my heads, etc. I'm trying to research to get more power but he is not emailing me back. His web site is www.felberracing.com. I'm going to try and call him this weekend. Seemed like a really great guy when I first bought my heads off of him, but now not poss. to get in touch with him. Anyone know what's up?
Old 11-21-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

ttt still no response. This is getting really aggravating. Anyone know what my options are? Should I contact an attorney?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Are ya havin trouble with em? If not I wouldnt worry about gettin your attorney. Exactly what are ya tryin to find out, valve size, brand, flow #s?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

all above and he won't even respond. He never has since day 1, and it's getting REALLY aggravating. I bought these heads maybe 6 months ago. I've been MORE than patient. And what makes me really want answers is my last dyno #'s. I will be re-dynoing on a dynojet but right now have a baby on way and can't spend money on a dyno. I just want to tune my car properly and everyone says I need to know valve size, flow #'s etc. So I've been trying to find out.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

I have been at a dyno many times when a LS1 car is gettin tuned and never heard the tuner ask for flow #s, valve size or such. Compression and cam size is something a tuner may ask just to get the first tune for dynoing but other than that knock retard/timing and air/fuel is pretty much all they look at. Are you dynoing low or something wrong mechanicaly with the heads. Ive seen the Big Uglys for sale on ebay but other than that I dont know anything about Felber.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

go to www.cardomain.com/id/ozorowsky. I think the Dyno was a bit low, however WAS on Mustang Dyno with 12.8 A/f ratio, and running through 3600 stall tq converter.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Teching In

WOW!!!!

Mike...PLEASE get professional help....And I don't mean for your car. You tried to contact me a couple days ago for flowsheets and component specs for a set of heads I sold you almost a year ago.

Within a day or two, you think you have legal recourse for your loss of specs I sent you almost a year ago, and my lack of response to your email since I lost my entire network and 3 years of data. I'm sorry I didn't respond to you while my computer was being completely erased. I'm also sorry that you think you are being so patient and understanding, meanwhile buying the bag of sht that you have to have these flow numbers again in order for your car to be tuned.
Some people you just can't reach and should never deal with.....I'm sure the feeling is mutual....but you win the award for top clown of what engine builders and head porters hate about the internet and what it brings into our lives.

Have a great day
Felber
Old 11-22-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Mike, was MORE than a couple days. As you said was almost a year ago. And you sent me what, one set of flow data which I could not open???

WOW!!!! How many times have I asked? And yes I contacted you AGAIN a couple days ago. How many times BEFORE that did I contact you. It takes me asking about you in a forum before you respond.

Mike...PLEASE get professional help....And I don't mean for your car. You tried to contact me a couple days ago for flowsheets and component specs for a set of heads I sold you almost a year ago.
Nice to see how you respond to your "Customers". Patriot Performance has been very professional to their criticism from what I have seen. I REALLY regret that I did not go with them. Have you mentioned it took you FOUR months AFTER I paid you before I received my heads??? I have emails FROM YOU saying the heads would be complete within a couple days of my payment. FOUR MONTHS IS A LOT OF DAYS.

Do I also need to mention I don't have time to chase you down every day? I'm in the Army National Guard, and was about to be deployed to Afghanistan. My unit is there now, but not all of us got taken for this tour. Do I need to say that I was pretty busy dealing with other things?

Within a day or two, you think you have legal recourse for your loss of specs I sent you almost a year ago, and my lack of response to your email since I lost my entire network and 3 years of data. I'm sorry I didn't respond to you while my computer was being completely erased. I'm also sorry that you think you are being so patient and understanding, meanwhile buying the bag of sht that you have to have these flow numbers again in order for your car to be tuned.
It's always nice to know what you've paid for. You never even told me EXACTLY which valves are in the heads though I asked. I THINK they are 2.02/1.57 valves, but not SURE.

Some people you just can't reach and should never deal with.....I'm sure the feeling is mutual....but you win the award for top clown of what engine builders and head porters hate about the internet and what it brings into our lives.
If you want to handle this offline I am more than willing to. All I've EVER asked from you is to give me info on my heads. And YES I HAVE been patient. As you said has been almost a year. I've figured you were busy, how much fricken' time do you need??? So yes I'm PISSED, and wish you could be a decent business man and give straight answers. What if I wanted to sell these heads to get others? Am I gonna tell the person who buys them from me, "They're ported." They're good? YEAH that'll go over real well.

So legal recourse does not go back a couple days. I have emails from a long time ago. Every one in fact, and do NOT want to go down that road, but I will explore that option if you cannot be a decent business man.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Teching In

Yes Mike.....I have been trying to avoid you in attempt to capitalize on your money. In retrospect, the emails, asssociated phonecalls, and overall messageboard creativity of yours has made the $200 profit all that much more rewarding. It ruined my day when I could only avoid your emails for 2 days after getting my computers back up, and not hearing from you since February. I have a secret plan to not tell you for the 25th time that the valves and assosiated components are from Patriot, and that they are 2.02/1.57.....I didn't want anyone to know that I sold you Ferrea valves and Comp components that cost much more, nevermind the fact that I prefer 2.01 valves...It takes me a lot of time to make this custom size, but makes me feel so much better to screw you over. I always knew that if I sent you heads with 2.02 valves you would be able to avoid degreeing your cam and avoid buying decent tuning software.

BTW..Here is your email history to me...

November 17th

"hi there, could you please resend me flow sheets for my heads? i've got some
people trying to help me dial in my tune, and they say need flow #'s. if
you could email those to me asap would be much appreciated. thanks "

Tonight

"hi Mike, I have emailed you a few times over past few months. I am being
OVERLY patient and nice, and all I ask is that you send me flow sheets, as
well as what brand valves are in my heads, etc. Do realize you run a
business and as a business you are supposed to keep your customers happy.
Well I'm pissed that it takes so long to get anything out of you. So I'm
being nice, and asking you for a simple email with exact flow #'s on MY
heads, as well as what brand valves what size whatever info you know about
my heads. If you do not email me back I WILL contact ls1tech.com, better
business bureau and my attorney to see if I can get my money back out of
your company and i will go with a different company for cylinder heads.
This is not a threat. Do realize I am TRYING to be cooperative with you.
So please reply within 5 business days of today 11/21/05 as I am no longer
being patient and playing games with you."
Old 11-22-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Resident

actually there are MANY more emails all the way back to March.

Anyways, your on to start an argument.

I'm out to SIMPLY get info. So your saying I have Ferrea 2.01 valves? That's more than I knew EVER. Really I'm trying to be a normal customer, and just try to get info, but after all this time no real straight info, it's aggravating. All I'm looking for is something like:

You have xxx valves
Your Flow #'s are ???
Springs are (Patriot Duals I think)
whatever other info there is.

Is that really too much to ask? How much nicer can I be in asking for that?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Teching In

FYI to anyone in the future. All info and specifications once administered to said customer more than 10 times will have to submit to being tatooed with vital stats on their buttocks. Of course if this info is unreadable to the customer, they can feel free to sue Wal-Mart for selling them a mirror that they misplaced.

But I AM glad that you did manage to remember that they were 2.02/1.57s and have the Jedi mind trick tell you they were 2.01s

Now in all seriousness:

As I recall you had 241 (5.7) heads. They were "Big Uglies" (mid-level). And you had a relatively mild camshaft profile. With that being said.....Your flow figures were probably 298-306 at .600 lift on the intake and 220-228 at .600 exhaust with NO pipe.

Components are definitely all Patriot;

2.02/1.57 SS Valves, Gold Stripe dual springs, Titanium retainers and Super 7 locks (keepers).......Now after your long 3 day wait and stress on yourself awaiting 411 I've supplied to you time and time again...Please lose my number.

Thank God I didn't put titanium valves in your heads otherwise your tuner would need to put a second injector driver in to compensate for the triple-low-impedence injectors they require.

Honestly....Good day and good luck
Felber
Old 11-22-2005, 02:37 AM
TECH Resident

On one note, thank you for supplying me the info. FINALLY.

An another, your only showing everyone how unprofessional you are, and probably won't gain much business from anyone who reads this post. You really need to grow up if you can't answer a simple question without trying to make fun of me, because I don't know as much about cars as you do. Do I make fun of you not knowing computers and "losing years of data"??? I know computers, not cars.

Once again, glad to see it took 8 months to receive an answer from you, but I DID get it I can play the pissing contest all you want, or I can say, hey you did your best job porting, now it's my turn to figure out a drivetrain to work with the heads and make the power. Just grow the hell up and run a responsible business, leave the name calling to high schoolers.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Felber is good in my book
Old 11-22-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Felber is good in my book
me too, and I understand his current situation, but why didn't he ever send me specs on the heads? He had PLENTY of chances BEFORE this all happened.

I understand things happen, but where this screws me, is I'm thinking the heads/cam combo I have isn't right, so want to change the cam and keep the heads. I'm not an expert, hell I don't know much at all about motors, but am trying to learn. I just want to have 410+rwhp and 380+rwtq, and my last #'s were nowhere NEAR that. So I'm trying to figure what to do to get into that range, so I can then add Nitrous and be where I want to be.

This post was never intended to bash on Mike. However when he responds with making fun of me, or trying to, and that is ON TOP OF never providing me with flow #'s, yes it pisses me off, as it would do anyone. You just don't do business by making fun of your customers. That tells me that he will gladly take your money, give you heads WITHOUT info on them, and say **** you don't call me. That's just how it seems to me.

Again, Mike, here is public apology, I'm not trying to bash you, just trying to get flow info so I can try to find a better cam. If it's a secret, please work with me, tell me what cam will get me where I want to be. If you want, I'll call you whenever you would like.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard from Felber Racing?