Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 iron block and accessories?

Old 11-30-2005, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6.0 iron block and accessories?

I have a 98 Formula WS6 thats under the knife with a 383 iron block and im ordering all the necessary engine parts. I just wanted to make sure before I ordered oil pump, timing chain, rear main, etc if all these parts will install on the 6.0 block with no issues. And if all my 98 covers and accessaries will fit the 2004 iron block?? Are there any parts that are specifically for the 6.0 block only?? I already ran into a head stud problem and had to re order so if any of you know any secrets that I might need to know, I would appreciate it. I hate sending parts back..haha. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think this will do better over here
Old 12-03-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sup Chris.
most outter accessories will be direct swaps.It should be mainly the internal bore thats different besides the fact that its Iron.
You should know that the valve covers will fit i used to have 6.0 heads you put on and my covers worked fine. Ls1/Ls2/Ls6 parts are mostly interchangable. I never heard of the head stud problem before.
Someone will illaborate more i'm sure.
When you gonna have that sucker running? Kevin finish his car yet?
-Hart
Old 12-03-2005, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

Chris (not you hart!) the stuff you just mentioned is fine.... just an FYI.... my 408 is done (just waiting on heads) I went ahead and used a new 2004 iron block as well- and ran into the stud problem..... anyway if you have any questions give rick (synergy) a buzz.....

Im actually "thinking" of getting that canton oil pan myself

hey have you picked out your cam and heads yet?

good luck
Old 12-04-2005, 04:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dame,
He told me tha ET Performance is gonna do his heads and cam setup.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so far on mine, everything has fit. I believe that the head bolts/studs were different in the 2004 iron blocks though. You may want to check into that. All that I have left to bolt on is the rear cover, and so far everything has bolted right up. One pice of advice that I did was to get ALL new gaskets, just for pice of mind. Also, the alternator bracket will need a hole tapped for it. Oh yeah, and check your motor mounts when you order parts, and make sure that you dont need new ones, and have to waste a day before you can go get some.

Search this Thread