Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do w/ $4K??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do w/ $4K??

alright i already have the mods in my sig and for my 21st b-day i'm gettin a little trust thing. I plan on spending about 4 grand on the ride and i'm kinda stuck on what to do. I don't go to the track and i do some street racing from time to time. I'm thinking the most logical thing is some nice heads and nitrous, but just wondering what all you guys think. BTW she's my daily driver and my only means for tranportation so nothing extremely radical. Thanks for your input.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would definitely do heads and some nitrous. but i would do a 12 bolt first....
Old 12-08-2005, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

you could send it my way if you are too torn on how to spend it
Old 12-08-2005, 02:46 AM
10 Second Club

If you don't ever go to the track and only street race from time to time then there is no need in buying a 12bolt or 9in really.. Unless you street race from a dig on sticky tires then you might want to consider it..

I would buy a nice set of heads, a nitrous kit and a pulley.. And you are definately gonna need a clutch for sure!! Might want to think about a FAST 90 setup to go with the heads.. If you buy a dry nitrous kit you will have to buy injectors as well..
Old 12-08-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

i was thinking about PP 205's, TNT F1 kit, spec3, and fuel upgrades.... I think w/ all that plus a tune it should be a pretty stout set up.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Don't be so sure I broke my 10 bolt on the street on stock F1 tires with a 6 speed. The rear only lasted about 4-5 days after the heads and cam swap. Do a 12 Bolt and the nitrous.

Nate

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
If you don't ever go to the track and only street race from time to time then there is no need in buying a 12bolt or 9in really.. Unless you street race from a dig on sticky tires then you might want to consider it..

I would buy a nice set of heads, a nitrous kit and a pulley.. And you are definately gonna need a clutch for sure!! Might want to think about a FAST 90 setup to go with the heads.. If you buy a dry nitrous kit you will have to buy injectors as well..
Old 12-08-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I vote heads and a 12 bolt. Then pick up the juice alittle later.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Launching!

heads/cam and good tires
Old 12-08-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

already got a cam forced370. Nasty N8 how did you break your 10 bolt, i don't ever dump it off the line the most i do is pound it through the gears from time to time, is that enough to break the rear?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would say 12bolt and nitrous, then put the rest towards a set of heads.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:25 PM

ATI Procharger.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

ATI procharger, allows you the most room for future modding. run 8psi and itll last forever. then get a rear end for your car, then clutch then forged internal stroker and up your boost
Old 12-08-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

would my cam work alright for a s/c and aren't s/c kits more than $4K?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

12 bolt and clutch. Then put any left over money or money you get in the future toward more power (heads and/or nitrous)
I broke my stock 10 bolt with 419 rwhp on a 2nd gear highway roll
Old 12-08-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heads and 12 bolt.... no use having a 400+ RWHP car you cant drive
Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

If you don't mind a smart-*** answer.....

If I were you, I would donate the money to the "Fire Nancy Zimpher" campaign. Not only is she destroying the men' basketball team at UC, she is detroying the university's academics.

She fired the dean of the law school and replaced him with the past president of the ACLU. She then hired his wife as a FULL tenured professor even though the wife only has a BA in English.

She fired the Chief Legal Counsel and replaced him with a friend of hers that is not licensed to practice law in Ohio. That "attorney" and the university are now being investigated by the Supreme Court of the State of Ohio.

She then fired the dean of the engineering college and THE guy who designed the Pentium processor for Intel left the university because of it.

Then, the Chief Scientist of the Genome Research Center at the University of Cincinnati wanted a $10,000 raise. She said, "No", so he left for the University of Tennnesee. Now, an $11,000,000 research grant is going to UT instead of UC.

THEN, she fired the dean of the College of Medicine. Just in case you aren't familiar with them, the UC College of Medicine is where the cure for Polio was found. That was over a year and a half ago. To date, a replacement has not been appointed. It goes without saying that research grants at that school are WAY down.

Don't worry, it gets better.....

Two years ago, the UC Women's Rowing Team won the national championship. She fired the coach and replaced him with a friend of hers. Meanwhile, a benefactor of the university donated $1,000,000 to the Women's Rowing Team. Sad thing is, the money never got there. Two weeks ago, the Women's Rowing Team at UC filed a lawsuit in Federal Court against Dr. Nancy Zimpher for violations of Title IX and for abscounding with the $1,000,000. On the day that the lawsuit was filed, Dr. Nancy Zimpher gave a speech chastising other organizations for not promoting women and seeing that they get a fair shake. Kinda ironic, huh?

On the day that she fired Coach Huggins, she said that the action was warranted because of the team's graduation rate. According to OFFICIAL NCAA statistics, the Men's Basketball Team at UC has a higher graduation rate than the university as a whole. Also, when Dr. Nancy Zimpher was the Chancellor at the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, the men's basketball team had the lowest grauation rate of ANY Division I team in the nation. Also, during her tenure at UWM, the overall graduation rate for the university dropped.

As you can see, my answer is somewhat of a smart-assed answer. However, given all that she has done in less than 2 years, I seriously can't think of a better thing to do with $4,000 than to help insure that Dr. Nancy Zimpher is thrown out on her backside.

P.S. If I have offended anyone or any mods, I am sorry. If you look at the history of my posts, this is my FIRST off-topic post.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bearcat Steve

If I were you, I would donate the money to the "Fire Nancy Zimpher" campaign. Not only is she destroying the men' basketball team at UC, she is detroying the university's academics.

She fired the dean of the law school and replaced him with the past president of the ACLU. She then hired his wife as a FULL tenured professor even though the wife only has a BA in English.

She fired the Chief Legal Counsel and replaced him with a friend of hers that is not licensed to practice law in Ohio. That "attorney" and the university are now being investigated by the Supreme Court of the State of Ohio.

She then fired the dean of the engineering college and THE guy who designed the Pentium processor for Intel left the university because of it.

Then, the Chief Scientist of the Genome Research Center at the University of Cincinnati wanted a $10,000 raise. She said, "No", so he left for the University of Tennnesee. Now, an $11,000,000 research grant is going to UT instead of UC.

THEN, she fired the dean of the College of Medicine. Just in case you aren't familiar with them, the UC College of Medicine is where the cure for Polio was found. That was over a year and a half ago. To date, a replacement has not been appointed. It goes without saying that research grants at that school are WAY down.

Two years ago, the UC Women's Rowing Team won the national championship. She fired the coach and replaced him with a friend of hers. Meanwhile, a benefactor of the university donated $1,000,000 to the Women's Rowing Team. Sad thing is, the money never got there. Two weeks ago, the Women's Rowing Team at UC filed a lawsuit in Federal Court against Dr. Nancy Zimpher for violations of Title IX and for abscounding with the $1,000,000. On the day that the lawsuit was filed, Dr. Nancy Zimpher gave a speech chastising other organizations for not promoting women and seeing that they get a fair shake. Kinda ironic, huh?

On the day that she fired Coach Huggins, she said that the action was warranted because of the team's graduation rate. According to OFFICIAL NCAA statistics, the Men's Basketball Team at UC has a higher graduation rate than the university as a whole. Also, when Dr. Nancy Zimpher was the Chancellor at the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, the men's basketball team had the lowest grauation rate of ANY Division I team in the nation. Also, during her tenure at UWM, the overall graduation rate for the university dropped.

As you can see, my answer is somewhat of a smart-assed answer. However, given all that she has done in less than 2 years, I seriously can't think of a better thing to do with $4,000 than to help insure that Dr. Nancy Zimpher is thrown out on her backside.

P.S. If I have offended anyone or any mods, I am sorry. If you look at the history of my posts, this is my FIRST off-topic post.

...or do a 12bolt and nitrous!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat Steve

Old 12-09-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

so where do i send you the $4K.......anyways i appreciate all the comments guys and i think i'm leaning towards a 12 bolt and either heads or n02.....heads i'll feel everyday but nitrous sounds like alot of fun and apparently my cam like the juice