Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Initial instal complete!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Initial instal complete!!!!

So, first everyone can take a look at the sig and see whats gone into the car. I didn't know where this would be best to post as I am adding a powerdyne kit this upcoming weekend, but there's quite a bit of internal stuff in this first install.

This upcoming weekend GS Performance will be adding titanium retainers and 7.4 chromoly pushrods to the internals. Once that is done, I think my valvetrain will be really light, and hope that maybe some people can respond with what you think I should be safely revving up to.

This really turned into project LS6 and here's why. I've heard that this happens on rare occasion, but after pulling off the heads, Kevin at GS said "wow, thats wierd". For starters, they weren't normal LS1 head gaskets and the block was a lil different.... AN LS6 BLOCK TO BE EXACT! So I have the LS6 block with LS6 valves in ported and polished LS1 heads with an LS6 cam and the stock LS6 intake! Pretty cool!

Marcin or "redhardsupra" from GS Performance did an amazing tune and isn't done yet. I have to say the GS is amazing. I will post more on them and updates on the car later.

Lastly I want to ask you guys what you think I should do next? If this were your car and you had the equipment that I do, what would you add or change? I am not a Nitrous fan and like hi-rev ability and power that is always available without sacrificing daily drivability. Put your input in, ask some questions, and I'll do my best to answer.