Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car won't even click over

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't even click over

i guess this is the right forum for this. ok i don't know what the hell to do the car sat in the garage for 3 days and wasnt started so i go to get in the car and it wont start.
I put the key in and the lights started flickering and then i heard the fuel pump start and thats all the power is very little if any. I took the alternator out and got it bench tested and it was perfect or so Vatozone said, then i replaced the clamp on the black wire or the alternator and it wasn't that. Well i decided to jump the car and then it started but as soon as i took the jumpers off the car sputtered then died. i dont know what to do but its now been in the garage for a week, and any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

battery???
Old 12-19-2005, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ashade98
battery???
nope its a optima red top and was ok but i guess i can go charge it tomorrow if its that i will paypal you $10.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

corrosion on the terminals, it can sneak up on ya in a matter of hours and you won't get power, clean'em and try again.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The battery is low. If it drops below 9.6 volts the car will seize to run nor will it crank. The reason for it dying is because your battery isn't taking a charge. The alternator may be fine but is your output wiring okay from the alt to the battery? Could also possibly be a bad ground lead onto the block and/or body... Charge the battery first, I say you owe ashade 10 bucks.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

well well well it was the battery, guy said it was dead, it cranked up for the 1st time in 2 weeks.. man was it good to hear it start up. guy said it should be ok now that he fully charged it up.