Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey guys i have a big question

Old 12-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys i have a big question

ok heres the deal. my 1998 z28 has 137,000 miles on it. i havent really done anything big to it. and i do its oil change every 4000 miles and everything. now i am going to get my transmission rebuild and while it sits in my garage i want to see what i can do to the engine to make it run better/smoother. it is rought idling lately and when i stop there is a vibration. is there any parts i can replace. or things that need cleaning. if there is i would really apreciate the help.

"mustangs aint **** without a supercharger"
Old 12-20-2005, 01:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When did you last change the spark plugs? Wires?

Ever use a top end cleaner like Seafoam? Fuel injector cleaner?

Vibration from the motor? What kind of vibration, be specific. I probably can't diagnose it but I'm sure somebody else can try.

BTW: I'll bet the valvesprings are getting tired by now...
Old 12-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i have changed the sparkplugs. i think like 2 weeks ago. and i took it to get the injectors cleaned like 6000 miles ago.

the vibration happens when i come to a complete stop, it vibrates then it goes down then it happens again then it goes down to no vibration. and it only happens when i stop. the other day i was in my friends 2004 suburban and it does the same thing but you could barely notice it you have to put really good attention.

Search this Thread