Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace head gaskets....whats a fair price...........

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace head gaskets....whats a fair price...........

There's not too many shops in my area (Lauderdale) that I trust, just curious how much this complete job costs. I might have to drive 3-4 hours to a good shop. Gaskets and all?

Last edited by Quickin; 12-27-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Is there any re-tuning that needs to be done, or is take'em off and put'em back on and drive?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

No tunning is needed if the gaskets are the same thickness however if the thickness is changes it will change the CR therefor it may be slightly off however nothing noticable. By the way this is joe with the red TA.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
No tunning is needed if the gaskets are the same thickness however if the thickness is changes it will change the CR therefor it may be slightly off however nothing noticable. By the way this is joe with the red TA.
wanna make some side cash
Old 12-27-2005, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

how much you looking to spend? If you get all the parts I can do it soon im on christmas vacation untill the 9th. So how you been? What you been up to?

EDIT: Check this site for price http://www.exoticperformanceplus.co...s.php?service=8 The head install goes for $520 which is likely the same for gaskets call and see what they would charge and tell me what you would pay and ill see if I want to do it

Last edited by 1999TransamWs6; 12-27-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
how much you looking to spend? If you get all the parts I can do it soon im on christmas vacation untill the 9th. So how you been? What you been up to?

EDIT: Check this site for price http://www.exoticperformanceplus.co...s.php?service=8 The head install goes for $520 which is likely the same for gaskets call and see what they would charge and tell me what you would pay and ill see if I want to do it
Well, how long does it take you to do it without rushing at all?

I've been flying the whale (nickname for the Boeing 747) a little bit throughout Asia, Middle East and Russia. Friggin 14 hour flights suck though
I've also been flying corporate jets out of Miami for a couple private companies, thats the fun flying. I might be going to Jedda, Saudi Arabia for a 24 day contract on January 5th.

If I can't get this done before then, it'll have to be sometime afterwards.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

Once all the parts are in I can do it in 2 or 3 days no problem as long as nothing goes wrong (wrong parts or something) I wouldnt rush at all because I know it has do be done right. When would be good for you? My car is apart right now because I got a front end from AJE along with brakes and a few other goodies going in so I cant do it right away but even if im in school I can do it on the side just going to have to take a little longer because school comes first you know? So its just up to how soon you need it back. If you go off flying I wont mind keeping it for a while Just tell me what you want to do and ill see if its cool with my dad and all.