Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has ET heads? and where the hell did you get them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has ET heads? and where the hell did you get them?

I ordered some et 215 heads from a@a corvette a month ago and i called andy today and he said he hasn't heard from ET..so i have been waiting a month and im getting impatient..where did everyone else get there heads? and how long did it take?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:27 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke with ET today and they're catching up on orders.

I asked for a timetable for an order placed today, they estimated 4-5weeks out on 225's.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tsp said about a week longer on my 240cc, I've been waiting about 2 months on them, but from all hype I think they will be worth the wait.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

does anyone mind sharing the cost of these heads?
thanks
ed
firebird455@gmail.com
Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ET is a sponsor-------->
Check 'em out.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Restricted User

I went through JZ's TA, on here. Excellent guy with lots of good info. Hell, he even returned phone calls to Hawaii, not too many do that all the time. Pricing should be listed on their site
Old 01-03-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your getting impatient after a month, you may want to buy a 5.0 mustang. LS-1 parts, if popular, are always hard to get. I placed my order with ET at the begining of September and I still don't have my heads in hand. It dosen't really bother me though because I know they are worth it. The ET heads can run anywhere from 2200 to 4500 depending on which ones you get and the stuff that has to go with certain ones.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
If your getting impatient after a month, you may want to buy a 5.0 mustang.

LS-1 parts, if popular, are always hard to get. I placed my order with ET at the begining of September and I still don't have my heads in hand. It dosen't really bother me though because I know they are worth it. The ET heads can run anywhere from 2200 to 4500 depending on which ones you get and the stuff that has to go with certain ones.
Some are even more...

Ed
Old 01-04-2006, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

This really sucks. I am going to be ordering a set next week but if these vendors continue to sell what they don't have in stock, they won't last long. Im sorry, but worth the wait doesn't work for me. I'll just get AFR!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Collections Hold

Default waiting always sucks

Originally Posted by ceo44
This really sucks. I am going to be ordering a set next week but if these vendors continue to sell what they don't have in stock, they won't last long. Im sorry, but worth the wait doesn't work for me. I'll just get AFR!

Hey man, If I would have known the response we were going to have on our new heads, We would have waited a year to even release them, We would have never known. I'm sure if you look back, AFR even had the same problems as we do and probably continue to. We are adding almost 2 million dollars worth of machines and manpower to go along with it. Trust me, I would love to have a set of heads on the shelf for everyone who has called and ordered a set. That is our intentions, and soon we will be able to do that. Our heads are not oem spec heads.We have had to have almost every part mad custom per our request. We have been rounds with every one of our suppliers and vendors and have done everything under the sun to speed up their delivery to us. We also have the Holidays to deal with, sometimes I felt like we were the only ones who were open. I know that we will drop our delivery time in half as soon as we can. At this point we will continue to have longer lead times than what we like, but I don't like answering to people that have been waiting the "two weeks" for three months. We will do our best to catch up and get rid of backordering as soon as possible. We are in the long run in this market and have a lot of new products to support. and I also know what it is like to be on the other end. When I have the interest and money to buy a product, I do not want to wait. WE really appreciate all the patience people/our customers have had during our progression. Saying we won't last long, that may be your opinion, but finding a company that makes a good product isn't easy anymore, that will take us a long way. WE have had small issues with our heads in the beginning. We took the time to make corrections in our tooling, so in the future it will cost less for people to install our cylinder heads. The valve covers will not require spacers anymore and all the holes are tapped deep enough. We will continue to better our product when we see viable,reasonable and nessesary.

ET Performance
Old 01-04-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ceo44
Im sorry, but worth the wait doesn't work for me. I'll just get AFR!
How long ago did AFR's for these cars come out? They just now released their 225 small chambers heads after releasing there first 205's well over a year ago. Now that's a wait! The AFR's are good heads, but can you sleep good knowing you left some power on the table?
Old 01-04-2006, 04:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks Cary. Any word on the set of 225s I ordered through Speed Inc? Will they be updated to not require spacers? I ordered about the begining of December. I would expect about another 2 weeks.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by EDC

Some are even more...

Ed
Trust me, I know.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
Thanks Cary. Any word on the set of 225s I ordered through Speed Inc? Will they be updated to not require spacers? I ordered about the begining of December. I would expect about another 2 weeks.
I ordered mine before thanksgiving (though performance specialties) and still no word

Based on that...you may still have more than 2 weeks to wait
Old 01-05-2006, 12:19 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Stick with them, the wait is on the custom valves. It is definitely worth the wait.
Phil