Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What goes in the hole?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default What goes in the hole?

After having my motor forged, I noticed oil is running down from what looked like the back or my AFR's, however, I just looked closer and there's a big-*** hole on the drivers side valve cover ... at the back. It prob used to be a hole for my old LS1 PCV system. It's a damned oily mess under the car.

Also, the shop installed a LS6 oil pump LS6 style PCV system with LS6 valley cover and the works, so, would it hurt to plug it up myself tonight? What the hell should I put in that big-*** gaping hole?

This is more out of immediate need to know if I should plug it or not tonight. I'll ask the shop owner via email and hopefully get a reply tomorrow. For now, I'm curious what should go there and I want to plug it up tonight, but, I don't wnat to f*** it up by putitng a plug where maybe something else might need to go. Was something left off other than a plug?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the ls6 valley cover / pcv setup you need to plug both pcv ports on the valve covers. the one on the passenger side just needs a plug covering the tube (I assume this is already plugged). The drivers side needs a grommet plug, I got mine from GM Parts Direct (part # 12568011). Hope this helps.