Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some recomendations..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some recomendations..

I'm looking for a cam (possibly a H/C package) thats gonna be on the borderline of streetable The car is not my daily driver, and the only times it will see any driving time is when I go out on a date for the weekend, some track time, and a few cruises.. I've done some re-search and I've really been intrested in the T-Rex cam Only problem is I dont know If I can go with that cam, and still have stock heads or no other internal mods. Really before I'm looking for raw power, and 1/4 times I'm looking for sound. I'm looking for the pro-street pound in your chest sound without spending to much on internals. Only mods besides suspension mods I have are Hooker Stainless LT's, TSP True duals, SLP air lid, and a Ported TB. Will the T Rex be a good choice or will that be too much? (I definalty plan to have the car tuned afterwards) Thanks guys! I'm from Oklahoma so talking to locals with cams this big arent really that easy
Old 02-04-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a TSP 233/239 .598/.603. It's streetable but rough idle and a strong top end.
Double check with the experts but I think it is one if the biggest that you can use with stock pistons.
PS Borrow a Cadillac with a big back seat for the dates!!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want sound then you can make any cam lope by just lowering the idle. When I had set my TR230 @ 750 it sounded really badass, but when the Taurus fan I'm using kicks in the engine almost dies so I run it @ 850 now.

I have an M6 so stoplights are not an issue. If you have an auto you might think about running a 220 to 224 if you dont want to spend alot of time tunning.