Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power problem - Need help fast!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power problem - Need help fast!

Ok, to start with my battery has been disconnected for 5 weeks without being charged. I finally get it connected and the fans try to come on, I then realize the key is in the on position. So I turn the key to off and reconnect. Of coarse the battery is completely drained at this point so I now have it hooked up to another car to charge. The problem is nothing is happening when the jumper cables are attached to the battery terminal.
However, when I locate the jumper cables to the end of the terminal (where the main power is screwed down and feeds off to the rest of the car & where the ground cable is screwed to the metal engine bay) I get enough power for lights, car alarm, and the car tries to turn over when the key is turned. I hear the starter working but it won't start. I do not think the battery is taking power. Does this all make sense if my battery is useless? Or is there another problem? Will the bttery eventually recharge or is it replacement time?

Thanks.

Last edited by toehead93; 02-05-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved. First step in checking a battery.... clean the terminals. I just realized this and now everything is fine.