Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ticking form the valve train

Old 02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ticking form the valve train

I just started getting this loud *** ticking sound coming from the engine, everyone I talk to tells me its in the valve train. The car runs pretty much the same except that it gets an extremely loud tapping sound. Theres no codes coming up or anything is it possible the rockers came loose or would it probably be something else.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
I just started getting this loud *** ticking sound coming from the engine, everyone I talk to tells me its in the valve train. The car runs pretty much the same except that it gets an extremely loud tapping sound. Theres no codes coming up or anything is it possible the rockers came loose or would it probably be something else.
could be broken spring or maibe a bent pushrod.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Could be anything from a rocker coming loose, to a broken spring. Anything is possible. Pop the valve cover bud, end the speculation.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Couldn't tell from your post if your car is a auto or manual transmission. But on my car which is a 6 speed missed a shift one time and over rpmed the engine and started having a bad ticking noise after words. After alot of checking different things found out had bent a exhaust valve and it would load and unload the hydralic roller lifter causing the ticking noise. If you have over turned the RPM's on the motor latley may want to check this. By the way car seemed to run OK after this happened.

Search this Thread