Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Question

Lets say you only swap your heads from stock to something like a CNC ported LS6 head. If you don't change the cam, you'd still get better hp and torque out of it right? Because you'd still be able to flow better with the same amount of lift? Would this theroetically make the engine more fuel efficient as well?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get more power and torque without losing streetability.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:02 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your best bet is to get a cam that is "matched" with the heads you are wanting. looks like it might be Patriot heads according to your description. You will be increasing flow and that is a good thing as well. If you are going for economy....you bought the wrong car.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, 1/2 the reason I'm putting this engine in is that it gets me about 5 mpg better than my 4.0L I6. But aside from that, it's more of a "i'm trying to figure out how head upgrades work" then anything else. If I can do a heads upgrade and not lose any low end, and not lose any efficiency, then that's what I"m looking for. Total gain... is there such a thing?