Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 'Here It Goes' Thread: Heads/Cam/Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My 'Here It Goes' Thread: Heads/Cam/Exhaust

Well guys, I've ordered all my parts (check to see if I missed something). I'll update this thread tonight with some pictures of the parts, and will post install pics when work is being done (East Side Performance doing the work) and finally to wrap it up.. LS1Edit and dynojet numbers.

Bought some new heads from Tiger2o69, he sent them to Gunnar at Patriot to get checked out since he never installed them and had them sitting for a few months. Cam was bought from sickss228, Pacesetters, TSP ORY, and Magnaflow from TSP, and everything else on here from BYUNSPEED. Thanks to everyone so far.. I'm looking forward to getting in those heads Tim.. UBER pumped!

Patriot 59cc Stage 2 LS6 heads
Cartek 2x 224/228 113lsa 112icl
6.0l MLS Gaskets
GM Bolts $freebie (was going to go w/ the ARPs but ESP said they're fine since I have no intention of removing the heads.. God willing.. ever again)
March pulley/Dayco belt ..skipped the alt pulley since I gotta powerful sound system
Comp pushrods
MSD 8.5mm wires
Pacesetters, TSP ORY, Magnaflow
TR55's, and the infamous 0w30 German Castrol Oil

Yea, my stock clutch works well now, but I'm definately replacing that next so I can actually hook at the 1/4. I'll keep this updated as the project moves along, along with feedback for all the vendors, members, and the shop. Should be all completed, dynoed, and be cruisin the Berlin Turnpike in 3 weeks. Goal of 415whp, high 11's in the quarter with some good tread.

Last edited by Rescue Ranger; 02-24-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice purchases. Although I thought the alt pulley was smaller than stock which boosted alt performance but also increased drag specifically for those who wanted a high output stereo with an underdrive crank pulley.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks man!

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Nice purchases. Although I thought the alt pulley was smaller than stock which boosted alt performance but also increased drag specifically for those who wanted a high output stereo with an underdrive crank pulley.
True, though the kit BYUN had was for underdrive pulley. I didn't want to underdrive the alternator.. plus I'm a cheapskate and I saved myself $20. lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you sold this car, Did it have the 2.02/1.57 59cc heads? I noticed it had ARP head bolts when I bought it, did you sell it with these and or the 6.0 Head gaskets? Any info you could tell me on your setup would be great, trying to get the whole history of this motor.

Kyle
Old 04-28-2011, 09:22 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy 5 year old thread
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought his old setup

Quick Reply: My 'Here It Goes' Thread: Heads/Cam/Exhaust